Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio Not Working...or Dead?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 06:59 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio Not Working...or Dead?

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction, I've been searching to no avail for problems similar to mine. Recently I tried installing a bluetooth device on my 2002 Land Rover Discovery. I was given a connection kit and the direction was simply remove the blue 10-pin connector on the back of the head unit and replace with the kit connector for the bluetooth device. This is was I did. Once I connected the blue too the radio went berserk and would not turn off and none of the buttons worked (couldn't turn it off, volume, or change the station). So, I disconnected the battery because I needed to turn the radio off. Ever since then the radio has stopped working. The lights on the unit turn on (i.e., the buttons light up but the screen does not). Is there anything i can do to save this unit or is it dead?

Old 06-05-2015, 06:34 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 107 Likes on 81 Posts

Revert everything done to original condition and retry. There is an anti-theft feature that perhaps needs to be addressed for the radio to work again.

Old 12-18-2020, 02:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Solution?

I have the same experience on my Disco II 2001. Did you find a solution to the problem? Would be happy to get some hjelp on this one...

QUOTE=newLRdiscov;521461]Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction, I've been searching to no avail for problems similar to mine. Recently I tried installing a bluetooth device on my 2002 Land Rover Discovery. I was given a connection kit and the direction was simply remove the blue 10-pin connector on the back of the head unit and replace with the kit connector for the bluetooth device. This is was I did. Once I connected the blue too the radio went berserk and would not turn off and none of the buttons worked (couldn't turn it off, volume, or change the station). So, I disconnected the battery because I needed to turn the radio off. Ever since then the radio has stopped working. The lights on the unit turn on (i.e., the buttons light up but the screen does not). Is there anything i can do to save this unit or is it dead?[/QUOTE]