Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Air Spring

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 06:49 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Air Spring

Hello all,
My driver's side air spring is leaking air slowly. There isnt anything noticably wrong when driving it, however when I come out to the car in the morning it will be slumped to the left side. Anyway I am going to replace it myself and I was wondering if anyone had any tips for the procedure? Also, I just had passenger side bag replaced about a year ago at the dealer, and I was wondering if it would be ok to leave that one in. I know now that they should both be replaced at the same time but I am thinking that it will be ok since it hasnt been that long since I had that one replaced. Any thoughts?

P.S. I read previous posts about the subject and it seems to be that the air bags from Arnott are the brand of choice. Is this true and do they match up exactly to the factory bags. Thanks alot

Old 09-23-2008, 02:24 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Rear Air Spring

Cannot comment on the Arnott air springs, but changing one is a simple task to do. It is held by 2 spring clips to the chassis at the top, and turns about 90* at the bottom to lock onto the axle. You will have to jack up the car and support it on the CHASSIS. slowly undo the pipe on top of the airspring to release the pressure. Once its deflated fully, remove the 2 top clips, collapse the bag downand rotate to unlock from it the chassis.

Before refitting new one, clean all the areas where the bag sits, connnect the pipe and refit it back onto the axle and resecure the top clips. Remove the car of the jack / supports, start the car and check she inflates and there no leaks at the pipe etc.

Job done.

Note some rear airsprings have "push fit" connectors, if you have one of these as a replacement,just cut of the connector on the pipe just above the olive and push fit it to the new one.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:08 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts
Default RE: Rear Air Spring

This an easy job, buy 2 new air bags from, http://www.arnottindustries.com/ and when you are ready to replace them, shout and I will be glad to help you.