Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Suspension Difference

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007 | 09:33 PM
|
Mudding
Default Rear Suspension Difference

Hello All!

I've taken my truck in for a difference in the rear suspension. It had looked like my truck was leaning to the right... meaning the right was lower than the left..

They replaced the right airbag and thankfully that was under warranty, but there is no difference in the height!... The right side is noticeably lower!

I talked with the Service Manager who said he measured it and its about an inch difference and that there wasn't anything they could do about it...

He is tellin' the truth?

Also! The amber ACE light comes on sporadically without a chime sound... I've told the dealership about this but they couldn't do anything about it because there was no light when I would go into the shop... soooo, yesterday I went in when they light came on and guess what, "there seems to be something wrong with the ACE"... well duh! That's what I've been saying.. anyway, could that be a contributor to the height difference???

Thanks! Sorry to make this so long!

I would appreciate any and all info!

John-Robert

Old 03-25-2007 | 09:59 PM
Administrator
Default RE: Rear Suspension Difference

Read my reply on LRO.
Mike

Old 04-10-2007 | 11:09 PM
Overlanding

you need to adjust the brackets that hold the SLS height sensors. mine got bent while offroading and the one side sat lower. bent the bracket down to lift that side up and all is level

Old 04-11-2007 | 12:23 PM
Administrator

For the height issue, you need to go back to the dealer and have them use their test book to reset the height for each of the two sensors so the truck is set to factory specs.
For your ACE, I don't know what the mileage is on your truck, but it is time to service the ACE, your fluid is burned, which is normal if it doesn't get changed, and the warning light will come on id you are going thru alot of curves cause burned fluid won't hold up for the pressure needed and it overheats.
Mike