Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rear suspension help

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 11:20 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear suspension help

I recently purchased an 01 land rover with a faulty sls pump. It was setting on the bump stomp. I just replaced the sls pump..the original one was fried. The replacement pump works good. The problem is that it leans on the driver side by as much as 2 inches. when the off road button is pushed, it does raise the back as it should, but only the passenger side. Then once it reaches 20 mph, it lowers itself down. I checked the solenoides by switching the wires and hoses, and both solenoids work. Could this be the height sensors, and if so do both need to be replaced like when replacing the air springs, or just the defaulty one?
Also, what is the 'normal' ride hight for the rear? Is there a specific measurement to be taken from somewhere?

Old 11-30-2010, 12:41 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

You can test two things:
1.Raise your air bags fully...using the yellow button "*** jacker mode". Spray soapy water on the air bags checking for bubbling. Especially under the crease where the bag rolls down to normal ride height.
2. Swap your right hight sensors left to right & vise versa. See if it then sags on the other side. Then you know its a sensor. I'm pretty sure they are not specific to each side. Be very careful removing the multi plug. Use an eye glass screwdriver to hold down the clip, gently wiggle. Its easy to break the retaining clip with all the road sand/muck ingress.

Old 11-30-2010, 01:32 AM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,,,

swap to coil/springs on all 4 corners.

Old 11-30-2010, 01:52 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

I would start with the rear air bags first since that is a easy afternoon test. Switching coils springs with shock that run through the center is a PITA. That would be my 2nd step after testing the rears