Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Refreshing a D2 in NH

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2020, 07:54 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 212 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by mjl1987
I have done the interior spray, there are multiple holes in the frame that allow you to snake the feed into the frame overall.
Understood on all the holes to get access to inside of the frame but my point or concern is if there is a gap in the coating due to the baffles could that be a point that water could get under the coating and cause a rot issue even worse? Thinking of the rubberized undercoating that I have seen hold water against the body and rot it out.

Old 09-30-2020, 10:10 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by zski128
Understood on all the holes to get access to inside of the frame but my point or concern is if there is a gap in the coating due to the baffles could that be a point that water could get under the coating and cause a rot issue even worse? Thinking of the rubberized undercoating that I have seen hold water against the body and rot it out.
Hey Zski,

The product works a little different than I thought it would. I assumed I would feed the line into the frame and drag/spray as I pulled it out. Not the case, the line comes coiled and it retains that memory; it’s almost useless to drag through the frame. When I applied it I saw that the mist builds up and starts to pour out of hole in the frame some distance from where I entered. It’s like clam baking a car in college, we all get high; the frame is the car.

I did notice that some frame obstructions left dry spots; like if I start at the back of the frame as mist fled through it some portions were not covered. I then went and restarted at the front of the frame and those sections got covered. I used a crappy amazon borescope to verify.

Hope I helped! If you go for it pickup a scope off amazon and use the green color so you can see it better.

Last edited by Ferrarone; 09-30-2020 at 10:13 PM.
Old 10-01-2020, 01:10 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Thanks I get what you did now. I got one of the cheap WiFi scopes from Amazon and it’s very useful. In my frame at least it was rusting from the outside. The inside is rusty but way worse on the outside. Good luck on your project looks like it coming along nicely.

Old 10-01-2020, 07:26 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by zski128
Thanks I get what you did now. I got one of the cheap WiFi scopes from Amazon and it’s very useful. In my frame at least it was rusting from the outside. The inside is rusty but way worse on the outside. Good luck on your project looks like it coming along nicely.
Thanks, it is coming along. The biggest hangup is purchasing "in stock" parts only to get the email saying it will take two additional weeks; and then the follow up email that it will take another two weeks. Some companies flat out haven't responded to emails that basically saying "please take my money".

Old 10-02-2020, 06:26 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by Ferrarone
Thanks, it is coming along. The biggest hangup is purchasing "in stock" parts only to get the email saying it will take two additional weeks; and then the follow up email that it will take another two weeks. Some companies flat out haven't responded to emails that basically saying "please take my money".
I can relate. I have been waiting since late July for OME shocks. They should be here in a couple of weeks according to ARB.