Remanufactured 4.6 - Best Option? - Page 3 - Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.

Old 12-09-2014, 09:11 AM

I am still happy with my Cannibal motor. I know in fairness they have been delayed in production/shipping as well.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:21 AM

"A year later I've had some pinging issues and wanted him to ask his mechanic if there was anything special I need to consider because of the performance cam". a year later
Old 12-09-2014, 10:40 AM

I had a bad RMS that was leaking. Took 3 months but I did get reimbursed for the $1,100 job with an apology for the delay from Mike. Got to take it to a shop of my choice as well. I wouldn't say their operations is without it's faults, but in the end, they did honor the warranty.
Old 12-10-2014, 08:53 AM

I am going on over 2 years and 12,000+ miles on the new engine that I got from Great Plains Rovers.
So far it has not missed a beat.

At the time, I do recall a few delays getting the engine delivered to me but in retrospect, I am pretty happy.

I hope the keep the truck for a few more years at least.

Paul
Old 05-15-2018, 11:52 AM

Default Looking for new engine for my 04 Disco 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan H View Post
I'm looking into remanufactured 4.6 long block options. I've previously replaced bad engines with used 4.6's, and I've had mixed results. I think my next replacement will be with a remanufactured unit. The primary options I'm coming up with are Turner, Great Plains Rovers (GPR), and Atlantic British. Here's what I've gathered:

Turner: great reputation. Rebuilt engines include numerous improvements, including higher flow heads and cam. Not sure of the price, given exchange and shipping costs.

GPR: not a lot of info to find on the web, but what is available seems pretty positive. Engine includes some nice upgrades, including performance cam. Price is $5700.

Atlantic British: seems fairly pricey at $6.5k, but it also includes a new timing cover and oil pump, as well as oil pan fitted. Just one less chance for leaks compared to me installing them.

Any experiences with the three above, or even another option?
hey sir! I' currently scrambling for engine options myself! What did you decide to do and how has the outcome been?! I looked at Atlantic British but wanted to see what's the best option! Ok thanks!
Old 05-15-2018, 12:20 PM

This thread is 5 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoops95 View Post
hey sir! I' currently scrambling for engine options myself! What did you decide to do and how has the outcome been?! I looked at Atlantic British but wanted to see what's the best option! Ok thanks!
Old 05-16-2018, 11:12 AM

15K mi/5 yr update: Unfortunately GPR I don't believe is an option anymore, my engine has been rock-solid. I don't put a ton of miles on it as you can tell, so took me a while to get to this determination. Other reliability mods I've done (inline T-stat, electric fan, etc) may have contributed.