Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

removal airco display

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 03:43 AM
4wd High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default removal airco display

Hi there,

does anyone has a pic of the airco unit removed. I want to remove mine to replace some bulbs on the bottoms and because of i suppose i have a short there.

yesterday i removed the stereo from above the unit and tried to feel with my hands but the only thing i succeeded was to make the short even more worse. Now the fuse (i believe nr33) is blowing immediately. Before that it worked a day or two before the fuse did blow and i had light on my gauges in the dash.

Any help is appreciated.

Old 09-16-2012, 06:20 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

See attached, there are two spring clips you push toward center of unit to release. The plastic mounting tabs on the dash are delicate, and should be treated with care. Frequently people snap off dash tabs working on radio or heat/AC control, then have to install a replacement dash plastic, which has about 10 hidden screws holding it in place. Hard to find ones without cracks in the salvage yard. Dismantlers carefully remove these and sell them. BTDT, (and a belated thanks to Paul Grant).

BTW - how much is petrol in your area?

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
d2 c0793.pdf (518.3 KB, 94 views)
File Type: pdf
d2 aircon control.pdf (620.0 KB, 93 views)
Old 09-16-2012, 08:47 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Just did this yesterday.....like Savanna says, 2 spring clips, one on either side of the unit, just push them in and the unit slides right out. I think I got to the spring clips from behind after I removed the switch pack to the left and clock/central locking switch unit on the left.

Old 09-16-2012, 09:20 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Disco2Sava
Hi there,

does anyone has a pic of the airco unit removed. I want to remove mine to replace some bulbs on the bottoms and because of i suppose i have a short there.

yesterday i removed the stereo from above the unit and tried to feel with my hands but the only thing i succeeded was to make the short even more worse. Now the fuse (i believe nr33) is blowing immediately. Before that it worked a day or two before the fuse did blow and i had light on my gauges in the dash.

Any help is appreciated.
We just did the same this week to replace the temperature switches bulbs. The link below shows the removal:

This link shows you the bulbs and quantities needs to replace the existing bulbs in the climate controls. I made the mistake of buying two many grey based so I hope I can save you an extra trip.

Disco 2 ATC ECU Switch illumination - Land Rover Zone

2003 Discovery with 130K and High Miles Service complete

Old 09-16-2012, 12:22 PM
4wd High

This is so awesome! I tried it but i know for sure i would have damaged something while removing. Now its an easy fix.
I didnt had time today, cause i needed to drive my mother in law to the airport so she could finaly go home. That had some major priority! Tommorow i will remove it and replace the bulbs, i allready bought them at the dealership.

Does there exist allso a write up/video about how to remove the speedometer?