Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Right foot falls asleep

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2019, 11:02 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 387 Likes on 293 Posts

Originally Posted by NewToTheTwo
Ha... well... My Volvo XC70 is a freaking dream by comparison and I have zero issues in that car. Those seats are awesome and its an 03
I'm 53 and have put over 400k miles on my 87 BMW 535, and I can still drive that car from tankful to tankful without having to even get out and stretch.

The following users liked this post:
NewToTheTwo (04-16-2019)
Old 04-16-2019, 12:24 PM
Mudding
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Yep ....never had this problem when I was younger . I have to stop and stretch my legs after 3 hrs or so. SUV and trucks are the worst for me,

Old 04-16-2019, 12:28 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 109 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by GCBurke
Yep ....never had this problem when I was younger . I have to stop and stretch my legs after 3 hrs or so. SUV and trucks are the worst for me,
I'm feeling this within about 10-15 mins
Its definitely specific to the truck.

My last car had TERRIBLE seats - 2000 Honda Insight, but never had this issue. The seating position was typically low though as you'd expect in such a small car so my leg was stretched out vs straight down like the D2.

Old 04-16-2019, 08:29 PM
Mudding
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

At the risk of being a dweeb, I'll chime in. I'm 6-5 and 290, solid and strong, not soft and weak. I'm 54.
I moved the drivers side cupholder to the passenger side to give my leg more angle. Its in the mods. I experience similar leg falling asleep issues In my Silverado if I drive more than 3 hours without stretching.
Used to travel the world. Long flights sucked.

Old 04-16-2019, 09:26 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

I have this issue with a lot of cars, sciatica pain. Interestingly enough the D2 doesn't do it for me. Neither do most Land Rovers, I've noted that if my left thigh (usually my left leg) is touching the bottom of the seat, I'll start to hurt. I am only 5'8" 160lb

Old 04-17-2019, 06:18 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 109 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by bcurtman
I moved the drivers side cupholder to the passenger side to give my leg more angle. I
I'll look at this - I get the point but havent thought about this. Thanks for the tip.

Originally Posted by User
I have this issue with a lot of cars, sciatica pain.
I have zero pain - I have a buddy with the same issue - he had to sell the car after realizing it was the car causing the problem. Hour commute in a Chevy Cobalt... lol
With no pain, I know its a position issue, just hoping I can figure it out.

I'm actually very interested in taking my seat cushion to an upholstery shop and have them replace the foam - not only with new foam but maybe something a little more cushy and maybe 1/2 - 1" shorter.

Old 04-17-2019, 08:03 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 167 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by NewToTheTwo
I'll look at this - I get the point but havent thought about this. Thanks for the tip.

I have zero pain - I have a buddy with the same issue - he had to sell the car after realizing it was the car causing the problem. Hour commute in a Chevy Cobalt... lol
With no pain, I know its a position issue, just hoping I can figure it out.

I'm actually very interested in taking my seat cushion to an upholstery shop and have them replace the foam - not only with new foam but maybe something a little more cushy and maybe 1/2 - 1" shorter.
Being able to slide the seat back more helped me. There wasn't much info on how to do it but there was enough on here.

Old 04-17-2019, 09:08 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Most likely one of two things are happening.

1) Your wallet is pressing on the sciatic nerve running through the piriformis muscle and down the leg causing the symptoms.

Or

2) Your posterior chain (calves and hamstrings ) are tight due to either sitting too upright in the rover or just tight overall creating pressure on the nerves.

Certain diagnostic tests could narrow it down fairly easily.

I work on these two things with my patients all the time.

shanechevelle (04-18-2019)
Old 04-18-2019, 02:57 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 851 Likes on 634 Posts

Originally Posted by KC_Rover
1) Your wallet is pressing on the sciatic nerve running through the piriformis muscle and down the leg causing the symptoms.
My wife says I suffer from no-***-at-all syndrome (lol) coupled with your reasoning makes sense due to keeping my wallet in my back pocket when I drive.

Old 04-18-2019, 06:42 AM
TReK
Received 787 Likes on 654 Posts

Originally Posted by JUKE179r
My wife says I suffer from no-***-at-all syndrome (lol) coupled with your reasoning makes sense due to keeping my wallet in my back pocket when I drive.
i completely got rid of the incipient sciatic issues i was starting to develop several years ago by shifting my wallet from my back pocket to a front pocket. altering that one habit was literally life-changing.

jastutte (04-18-2019)

Quick Reply: Right foot falls asleep