Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Right foot falls asleep

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2019, 07:10 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by NewToTheTwo
So - not knowing whom may or may not care about any outcome of this topic/issue, I thought I'd offer an update.

While I did do the mod to be able to move the seat back, the steering wheel is so damn close to the dash, moving the seat back almost did no good at all.
The steering wheel needs about a 1-2" extension on it for the combo to work right.

However, and the main point of my update is this -

My foot falling asleep has zero to do with the D2.
While mountain biking a couple of weeks ago, my entire right leg started tingling in the same fashion my foot would while driving.
The proverbial light bulb went off when I took notice of my neck pain - my neck hurts often when I bike and I never had anyone diagnosis it.

I reached out to @KC_Rover and found that he's a chiropractor - my wife also suggested I consult a chiropractor so I did.
So I'm "out of alignment" - immediately he found one leg longer than the other and performed hip alignment, then back, neck etc.
I've been to him for 3 sessions now and the foot falling asleep is all but gone - as of my last 30 min drive home, I'd say its completely gone.

The neck is obviously very closely tied to all things nerve related and was the ultimate cause of my issues.
Still working on it but progress so far is quite obvious.

Also, as with a lot of people with desk jobs, I tend to hunch forward slightly and it was obvious in my xrays.
I know have an unwanted curvature in my neck.
This video addresses it specifically and I'm now doing these stretches.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKcEGEC-yh4

Hope this helps

So glad you're getting better!

The following users liked this post:
CollieRover (05-09-2019)