Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat Heaters/Cigarette Lighter/Compass

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2005, 02:00 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat Heaters/Cigarette Lighter/Compass

Hello,
I have a 2001 Discovery II. I just purchased the vehicle and do not know much about them. I am having a couple of electrical issues. My cigarrette lighter, seat heaters and the compass in the mirror are not working. They worked when I pulled it off the lot, so something happened but I cannot figure it out. I didnt see any blown fuses and I replaced the relay. Any suggestions on what to do next?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Todd Ferrell

Old 07-18-2005, 01:20 AM
Rock Crawling
Default RE: Seat Heaters/Cigarette Lighter/Compass

check the fuses that control each issue, test them and replace them if there is any doubt. do the same with relays. If three problems happened at once then the cause is usually connected. I don't have the book here with or i would check to see and give you more info. The fuse, and relay section of your owners manual has the type and purpose of each. Hope it helps, gotta love a rover. duboff

Old 07-18-2005, 10:18 AM
Drifting

Unfortunatelly I dont have a manual. I checked the fuses under the hood and the fuse box under the steering wheel. I did not see any that were blown. When I first purchased the vehicle - the horn and the cruise did not work. I was missing the relay that controls the cruise and horn, so I took out the one that controls the lighter, seat heaters and compass and put it in the horn slot. My horn and cruise now work. I bought a new relay, put the compass relay back in its place and put the new relay in the horn relay slot (if you can understand that) Anyway, the horn and cruise work fine, but the other stuff never came back on. It must be a fuse, but I didnt see anything blown. If you have a manual, could you tell me which fuses control the cigarrette lighter, compass and seat heaters. I will replace them just to make sure.

Thank you,
Todd Ferrell

Old 12-22-2008, 04:02 PM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im having the same issue in my 2000 disco II! fuses are all good but i dont know where to check the relays.

HELP!

thanks

Old 12-22-2008, 06:09 PM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Switch the fuse back and see if the electrical problem changes, if it does, you probably bought the wrong replacement fuse.