Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

seats question

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 07:00 AM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default seats question

i have an 04 disco but katzkinz only makes replacement leather for 98-99 and 00-01 so my question is are they the same seats or the frames or any part of them are different and would skins from the older model fit my 04

Old 08-31-2011, 08:53 AM
Winching

I think the shape is the same but the colors are different.

Old 08-31-2011, 09:04 AM
Three Wheeling

I'm looking for the same thing so if you find some please post your source (I need black). Other wise I will have a shop make me a matching pair.

Again thanks!

Old 09-01-2011, 08:50 AM
5th Gear

website is called autoseatskins.com (http://www.shopsar.com/Land-Rover-Discovery-s/877.htm) and the 00-01 kit starts at 749 bucks(front ,back seat covers and premium package also has matching door panels) so its couple hundred cheaper then getting seats out of used ones but if you want original leather from land rover then i seen complete seats for 595 for front and 395 for back ones with 78 dollar shipping (Discovery Seating) and they got all the LR colors but i want to go with black and white seat so i need to know if the seat cover from 00-01 will fit before i pull the trigger on it

Last edited by discomonkey04; 09-01-2011 at 08:54 AM.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:29 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

And don't forget dismantlers or u-pull-da-part salvage yards - I paid $22 a piece for front electric seats, and a rear bench would have been $29. I'm soooo cheap I put a passenger seat in the driver's spot, because I couldn't find a good one. D1 seats won't cross to D2 chassis. I wanted a D2 rear seat for the center arm rest.

Old 09-01-2011, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Savannah Buzz
And don't forget dismantlers or u-pull-da-part salvage yards - I paid $22 a piece for front electric seats, and a rear bench would have been $29. I'm soooo cheap I put a passenger seat in the driver's spot, because I couldn't find a good one. D1 seats won't cross to D2 chassis. I wanted a D2 rear seat for the center arm rest.
I think the HUGE head rests on the D2 rear seat suck. That's just about the only thing I liked better about driving a D1 over a D2. They create a horrible blind spot, because they get more in the way of the rear quarter windows. I've been tempted to just leave the seats folded down all of the time.

Old 09-01-2011, 10:27 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 84 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by jafir
I think the HUGE head rests on the D2 rear seat suck. That's just about the only thing I liked better about driving a D1 over a D2. They create a horrible blind spot, because they get more in the way of the rear quarter windows. I've been tempted to just leave the seats folded down all of the time.

Regarding blind spots: I read about this somewhere on how to reduce blind spots, I tried it, and love it!

To set side mirrors, sit in the driver's seat as you normally would. Now move your head against the driver's window (yes, actually have your head touch the door glass), and adjust the driver's side view so that you can only barely see the back of your vehicle. Next lean your body so that your head is about in the middle of your vehicle, and adjust the passenger mirror so you can only barely see the back of your vehicle.

Having done this, cars overtaking you will either be in your rear view, or either side view until they are nearly completely along side your vehicle (when you can see them from your peripheral vision).

Old 09-02-2011, 11:07 AM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by lordmorpheus
Regarding blind spots: I read about this somewhere on how to reduce blind spots, I tried it, and love it!

To set side mirrors, sit in the driver's seat as you normally would. Now move your head against the driver's window (yes, actually have your head touch the door glass), and adjust the driver's side view so that you can only barely see the back of your vehicle. Next lean your body so that your head is about in the middle of your vehicle, and adjust the passenger mirror so you can only barely see the back of your vehicle.

Having done this, cars overtaking you will either be in your rear view, or either side view until they are nearly completely along side your vehicle (when you can see them from your peripheral vision).
I been doing this since i got my DL at 16 and nobody told me about it,most of all to get rid of the high beam light at night from vehicles following me but soon i learned how useful it was with the blind spot problem.