Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service Engine Soon - amber/ CD changer ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 02:02 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Service Engine Soon - amber/ CD changer ?

Had my latest prize 2 weeks, first rainfall last evening and upon starting my '03 Disco HSE today the Service Engine Soon light in the left upper most corner has remained on while the vehicle is running. Thankfully for now that is the only light on during driving. Interestingly I also had an inspection done the night prior to this and as part of the inspection, all of the wheels were removed and the brakes were checked while lifted. The brakes were fine according to the shop I brought the vehicle to, and no codes were showing as faulty during the OBDII scan. By the way I checked the front drive shaft while the serviceman had the vehicle on lift and it appears to my relief, that this is a new driveshaft with greasible nipples/beads seen iin at least 5 locations on the proximal portion of the shaft(furthest away form the axle) which was a double cardon type of system. So my next step is taking this to the Valvoline shop I go to to have the codes run to check on the single light remaining on. My hunch is either moisture from the previous night's rainfall or perhaps a spark plug moisture issue? I am planning on replacing the plugs and wires Friday. If anyone has input it is very welcome. I am an "old man" behind the wheel of this according to my 16 year old daughter but that is why all my vehicles look and run brand new still .

Finally also removed my Becker head unit and retrieved the serial number on the side and coded from Becker USA, stereo works awesome but I am at a loss as to how to listen to the 6 discs I have in the cd changer under the passenger seat? I cannot seem to find the control on the head unit. I am wondering if the cd's are in upside down? At present they are with the label facing up in each of the slots..... Any help again is much obliged.

Old 03-18-2015, 11:18 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 99 Likes on 92 Posts

Check for codes and report back, and we'll will take it from there.

The following users liked this post:
cimomd (03-18-2015)