Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Share your measurements

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

and less pieces, less bolt

Old 03-08-2015, 10:58 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a great thread.
I have a 3 inch body lift with terra-firma medium duty springs. Measuring out at:
Front: 24 inches
Rear: 23.85 inches

On a side note, I'm waiting on delivery of my new Treadwright 315/75r16 tires. I am going to try to squeeze them in with the current setup. I have some spacers to install and am ready to do some fender trimming if necessary.

Attached Thumbnails Share your measurements-photo-1.jpg   Share your measurements-photo-2.jpg  
Old 03-21-2015, 07:25 PM
4wd Low

I have the "Terrafirma 3" Discovery II Lift Kit" from Lucky8 and I measure:

Front: 21"
Rear: 21.25"

It looks just right on my new 235/85r16 Treadwright Guard dogs. I'll get some pictures up if I ever remember.

Old 03-22-2015, 07:51 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by CheeeseSteak
This is a great thread.
I have a 3 inch body lift with terra-firma medium duty springs. Measuring out at:

On a side note, I'm waiting on delivery of my new Treadwright 315/75r16 tires. I am going to try to squeeze them in with the current setup. I have some spacers to install and am ready to do some fender trimming if necessary.
Looks good. Can't wait to see pics of the 315's.

Side note. Did you run into issues installing the body lift? I've been debating a 1-2" bodyift.

Old 03-28-2015, 01:27 PM
Mudding
Default Body lift...terra firma springs

So, if I'm getting this, you used a body lift and different, stock height springs?...

UOTE=CheeeseSteak;507874]This is a great thread.

On a side note, I'm waiting on delivery of my new Treadwright 315/75r16 tires. I am going to try to squeeze them in with the current setup. I have some spacers to install and am ready to do some fender trimming if necessary.[/QUOTE]

Old 03-29-2015, 06:46 AM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by onewingman
So, if I'm getting this, you used a body lift and different, stock height springs?...
The TerraFirma Medium Duty springs netted me about 2 inches of lift. They are a bit taller than stock height springs. The body lift is a a straight 3 inch "puck" that slides in between the body mounts on the frame and the body of the truck. I had a mechanic install the body lift. He said it was a tough install, and charged me $1200.00. The same mechanic charged me $800 to install a similar 3 inch body lifts on my current ford ranger.
I installed the 2 inch spring spacers on the Disco. These are 2 inch "pucks" installed between the axles and the the lower spring perches.
Measurements now are at just about 26 inches front and rear. The Treadwright tires will be delivered next week. Hopefully they will mount and fit without much fuss.
Photos are of rear passenger side of TerraFirma spring with spacer, two body lift spacers (photo taken above passenger rear tire through to the drivers side), Disco2 as it sits now before tires, and my little ranger (just gave it to my son).

Attached Thumbnails Share your measurements-photo-1.jpg   Share your measurements-photo-2.jpg   Share your measurements-photo-4.jpg   Share your measurements-photo-3.jpg  

Last edited by CheeeseSteak; 03-29-2015 at 07:42 AM. Reason: pictures
Old 03-31-2015, 07:34 PM
4wd Low

So I have to ask CheeseSteak, why the body lift? What is your plan for a Discovery with 35" tires?

Old 03-31-2015, 11:12 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 971 Likes on 646 Posts

I simply can't wait to see the Disco on 35s. You changing gearing and adding HD axles?

Old 04-01-2015, 05:35 AM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by disc0man
So I have to ask CheeseSteak, why the body lift? What is your plan for a Discovery with 35" tires?
No real plan, just my latest truck in a long line of tall trucks with big tires. Im no mud bogger, but I do like the look.

Originally Posted by Alex_M
I simply can't wait to see the Disco on 35s. You changing gearing and adding HD axles?
I can't wait either! I just got fedex notification that the tires shipped yesterday. I will drive the truck as is and see how it does. As things wear and break, I will certainly always go with HD parts.
If it needs a gearing change, I wont hesitate and do it, but I am not going to jump right into that, without putting some miles on it first. The truck is a spare that takes me and my boys camping a few times a year, when I am wheeling in the woods, I seldom get stuck.Not because I have the best equipment or any real off roading skills, I just take it easy, slowly, & thoughtfully.

On a separate note, There is plenty of room to move under this truck when doing oil changes!

Old 04-01-2015, 08:13 AM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

Cheese, did that same shop make bumper brackets for you or did you come up with some?

Quick Reply: Share your measurements