Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SIMBAR Fitting Discovery II

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 07:33 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SIMBAR Fitting Discovery II

Lessons learned fitting SIMBAR wrap around brush bar item #9403D2 to my 2002 Discovery II.

Steps from the fitting instruction with additional information from Atlantic British and my experience provided below.

1. ADD: From below vehicle remove plastic splash panel to facilitate access. From below vehicle, remove the four nuts and washers from chassis leg horizontal bolts. ADD: If rusty and by now they are use penetrating oil to facilitate removal.
2. Fit separate brush bar mount plates with lugs facing outwards, re-fit washers and nuts. ADD: Loose fit only as bumper may move out of position. Both bumper and brush bar will require final adjustment.
3. ADD: With an assistant Offer bar to outside of mounts and fit bolts supplied. ADD: Loose mount brush bar on mounting brackets. ADD: Have assistant align bumper while someone else tightens four nuts and washers on chassis leg horisontal bolts.
4. Align bar and tighten mounts.

I recommend installing stabilizer struts shipped with brush bar to add stability regardless if driving lamps will be installed.

Install plastic splash panel.

I am installing driving lamps and will follow instructions found on www.discovery2.co.uk in an effort to maintain OEM appearance.

No pictures until done.