Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some recent symptoms with AC and Engine Temps

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 11:41 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Well ive taken the front of the compressor apart and had a new bearing installed in the pulley. Now I am having a hell of time getting the snap ring back in the bearing. Do you guys have any tips on this? I've got an internal/external snap ring pliers and they don't seem to be cutting it.

Old 07-03-2018, 12:44 PM
7th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DiscoRover007
Hello all after a long period of no trouble my Disco II is starting get symptoms of some things going wrong I feel.

First, I recently had my AC recharged after a long stretch of it being drained. The AC guy said it has a leak. So I basically do not use it until I have the funds to get it repaired. ( I can pay it now I'm just frugal)

Yesterday when I started the truck I heard the AC beep 2 or 3 times. Is this the trucks way of telling me I'm low on freon? Am I damaging anything(compressor) by continuing to drive the truck even though I'm not using the AC?

I've also had some temperature spikes that have left me curious. When I'm on the highway my temps are 194-197. When I reach a stop or hit stop and go traffic my temperatures are going as high as 204.8. Now I also realize that in NC it's been very hot (routinely 90+ degrees).

It seems that at night however my temperatures are more regular usually staying at 194, maybe hitting 199. My question is, does this sound like a thermostat problem? My motorad 180 is about 2 years old.

I'm also hearing a slight squeel on the belt but fades away after start up. I wonder if the ac leak is making that noise?

The waterpump, radiator and fan clutch are still on my to do list for my maintenance. Does it sound like one of these is starting to go? Im not finding any coolant leaks to speak of and I recently replaced my upper radiator hoses.

Thank you as always!

I'm having a similar problem! I had it checked out and was told my water pump bearings were going out.
Have you noticed any coolant pooling underneath the car?