Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

springs

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 09:58 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: springs

I have the air suspension on the rear of my Disco, and I am contemplating the change to springs. I just hate to disable a feature that is expensive for one that is standard. I know that Rover air suspension is a sore subject for most, I just think it rides a little softer on the Pot hole laden streets of Chicago. The OME's Mike suggest look like they will do the trick to solve my sometimes up sometimes down suspension. It really has a mind of it's own. Bags not leaking and no codes.
For no reason some days they just go down every time I get out, and I hate having to wait for it to fill back up.

Old 11-18-2008, 02:23 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

you DEF either have an Airbag leak (most likely), or your height sensors are pooped (second most likely) or faulty valves in the air compressor unit (last resort),

Raise the vehicle with the offroad switch, and use a soap water solution and spray ALL of the bags, especially the top where the pipes connect, I would not be surprised if you find a leak.

If you def find no leaks, replaceboth hieght sensors, they are not big money and could be the cause as they are known to fail, and when they do the truck cannot tell how high it is, so it releases all the air.

I would DEF recommend keeping the rear air..........much more "usable" imo and once you have changed the bags, "if" they are leaking,.....it will last a long time.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:01 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

ORIGINAL: skyguy

I have the air suspension on the rear of my Disco, and I am contemplating the change to springs. I just hate to disable a feature that is expensive for one that is standard. I know that Rover air suspension is a sore subject for most, I just think it rides a little softer on the Pot hole laden streets of Chicago. The OME's Mike suggest look like they will do the trick to solve my sometimes up sometimes down suspension. It really has a mind of it's own. Bags not leaking and no codes.
For no reason some days they just go down every time I get out, and I hate having to wait for it to fill back up.
Keep the air bags, if you have a problem with them, PM me your tel3e number and I will be glad to help you.