Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

squeaking seat

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 07:34 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default squeaking seat

my rear left seats squeaks whenever it hit a bump, however when someone is sitting on it, or when its pushed forward, it makes no noise. is this a spring or something?

Old 11-20-2008, 07:45 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: squeaking seat

fold it forward and look around to see what could be causing it... fold the seat back and jerk it around a bit to try and isolate the sound... once you know where it is coming from then you can take appropriate measures to put an end to it...
________
LIVE SEX

Last edited by discoxd; 08-15-2011 at 03:15 PM.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:13 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My rear seat squeaks too. Mine also sounds like the noise is coming from the left side. When I drive with the right side folded down the squeak goes away, but with theleft side folded down instead the sqeuak is still there. So it must actually be the right side.I have no idea what is causing it. It's driving me crazy. I feel like yanking it out of there.

Willie

Old 11-20-2008, 08:31 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

exact thing *****, its an insane high pitched squeak. and its very fast. im ready to kill myself after driving on a bumpy road!

Old 11-21-2008, 03:32 AM
Recovery Vehicle

You can try using some dry lube spray (that won't stain fabric) to see if you can keep some parts from rubbing and squeaking.

Old 11-21-2008, 10:34 AM
Three Wheeling

I have noticed when someone is sitting in my back seat while driving I have a squeak but it's from the cover that rolls up in the back, I take mine out whenever I know my back seat is occupied while driving... So, if you have not taken the roller cover out, try that for gig's

Old 11-25-2008, 11:10 AM
7th Gear

I have the same problem with my 99 Disco II. I've isolated the problem in my case. The driver's side rear seat, the upper part that folds down, rubs against the plastic covering on the pillar between the reardoor and the rear side window (what would that be, the C pillar?) when it's up. But the passenger side rear seat has just enough of a gap between the seat back and pillar not to squeak. It's really annoying, having to drive with either that persistent squeak or with the left rear seat folded down. Any ideas why the gaps between the seats and the pillars are different? Is there some adjustment I can make? Or would a dry lubricant help?

Old 05-07-2011, 10:13 AM
2nd Gear
Default squeaking seats

Hey Snowdude,

I'm also having a nightmare of a problem with sqeaking seats. I have a 2004 Discovery II. The sqeak is INSIDE of the driver's seat back and its deep inside the seat, but its roaring load. The tricky part is that its not present 100% of the time...only about 85%. It disappears for no apparent reason whatsoever...then its suddenly back. Some days its so loud my stereo cannot cover it up. I've been told at the dealership that its a loose seat frame and it would cost me thousands (as in several) of dollars to stop it. I have to find a solution to this problem and fast~! This is driving me insane. Please help.

Glen
Nashville, TN

Last edited by Glbiggs; 05-07-2011 at 10:19 AM.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:27 AM
4wd Low
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default seat squeak found but need good fix?

Just bought a 2002 Discovery II, rear seat passenger side seems to be slightly leaned back as compared to the driver side rear seat. It consequently rubs against the tonneau cover and squeaks. I put a rubber spacer between the seat and tonneau cover and it stops the squeak completely. I can leave the spacer there but wondered if there is a way to adjust the bolts on the latches or something to make the seat be about 1/2" less back so it won't rub?

I'd like to fix it correctly as opposed to throwing in the rubber spacer.

I realize this is an old thread but there didn't seem to be any resolution so I thought I'd add here.

TIA