Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Standard Anywhere?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 03:04 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Standard Anywhere?!

Hey guys, im looking for a 1995-1998 Land Rover Discovery with a manual transmission located whithen a few hours of seatttle (I live in British Columbia but have no trouble making a day trip down to seattle or a little further) I have been looking all over but i havent been able to find any whithen range (2 which are both sold) that are available. Does anybody know of one for sale/a good website to look for them? I understand they are rare but they are out there Thank-you!

Old 06-30-2006, 09:39 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts
Default RE: Standard Anywhere?!

They are very hard to find, I belive they only released the 5 sp. during part of 95/96 for the states. Keep looking.
Good luck,
Mike

Old 06-30-2006, 07:43 PM
Three Wheeling

Seen you lookin around for a manual truck awhile now. Too bad you are not having luck. Are you and your family mechanically inclined, and have a good amount of money? I only ask, because Land Rovers are not 'ignore' vehicles. They have a high maintanence cycle that you need to be prepared to work on it a lot and pay more money on it than most other cars. I know you are looking for your first vehicle, I would suggest that you hold off on a Land Rover for a few years, until you get a little older and can take care of things on your own better. Dont take this to sound mean, I am just offering you some advice from a fellow Rover owner. There are many eaiser, cheaper, vehicles that would make a better first car in my opinion. Get a Landy after high school...

Old 07-03-2006, 09:52 AM
Overlanding

Good luck on your search. I think you are on the right track. Nick is also right they are high maintanance, but there is more and more of them showing up in wracking yards, and the parts are getting cheaper [used parts]. I held out for a standard and got one. It,s not for sale. One nice thing about the standard discos is they tend to have not as much stuff on them, sun roofs etc. which for me is a plus. I am not knocking automatics I am told they a great unit a seldom give any trouble, but in England [the land of land rovers] you would be hard pressed to find an auto, but you would be equally pressed to find a disco with a V8 gas engine. That is my next quest. I am going to Englang to find a LHD diesel disco and bring it over here. My son and I go over twice a year and bring back Land Rovers and parts we have done it about 6 times.
Dennis 1995 Discovery standard, 1986 TDI Land Rover 90 and a 1990 miata O and a 1996 GMC AUTOMATIC truck