Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stuck in park, brake lights work, advice please

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 04:52 PM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Stuck in park, brake lights work, advice please

I got stuck in park today and was able to get home using the 'search' function here, pulling off my gear ***, and pushing in the pin that was locking me in park. Thanks!

I checked fuse 25 and replaced it just to be safe however it was fine. I am now doing some reading/searching here and see it is most likely the "brake switch" that i need to replace. but my brake lights do turn on when i press the brakes, does that mean i'm barking up the wrong tree? any thoughts?

adding this info: i got a brake switch from rovahfarm ordered to be safe, cost like 15 so i figured if not the issue still good to have a spare. also - and i am clearly a newbie at this - i rechecked brake lights with the wife just now, on the back the top red lights and the light in the middle of the rear window turn on and work. the orange ones below on each side do not though, a dull glow maybe but it doesn't change when we press the brakes or turn on lights. maybe they shouldn't and i'll check RAVE later but figured i'd mention this.

Last edited by weepit; 08-06-2012 at 07:24 PM. Reason: adding/updating info