Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Super Lock" Wont start.

Old 10-31-2009, 08:29 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default "Super Lock" Wont start.

Well guys, here’s the story. Sorry if it’s a little long. The wife was driving the 2000 Disco and stopped at a red light. At the green light, she went to accelerate and the truck died and went into “super lock.” I wasn’t with her but had a friend come to the intersection where she was stalled and press the inertia button and she started back up fine. We drove the truck a few more times that day with no more problems starting or hesitations. The next day, I went to a friend’s house, parked the truck, came back, and it would not start at all. It would crank, but did not seem to be getting any gas. After trying to start it many times, we disconnected the battery and let it sit for a little bit, reconnected, and it started up fine. I got it home, where it ran fine, stopped and started it many times with it starting just fine and running just fine, and then went out a couple of hours later and no start. I used a code reader, cleared the codes, and it started fine.

Now the next morning it’s doing the same thing, but it will not start after disconnecting the battery or running codes. I have also switched out the inertia button with a known working one and this does not seem to be the problem.

Any ideas on what I should check next would be greatly appreciated or any help on the subject. When it does start, it runs fine, but now it seems like the fuel pump or something electrical is not letting it spark and I am still getting the super lock lights such as the hazard lights going on when trying to start.. Thanks in advance for all your replies.

Thanks,

Jeff

Old 10-31-2009, 02:30 PM
TReK
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I would say probably the crank position sensor.

Old 10-31-2009, 07:15 PM
Team Owner
Received 94 Likes on 71 Posts

I too am leaning towards the crankn sensor.
It should not just be going into "super lock", you need to use the key in the door to do that.
When the crank sensor starts to go bad it stops working when hot, thats why it wont start after you shut it off and then try again after a short time, but let it sit longer and it will start.

Old 11-01-2009, 05:24 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys for all the responses... I have received the same response across the board saying it was the crank sensor and it matches all my symptoms so I will replace that and get back with you on the results.

Thanks again,

Jeff