Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 06:37 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I would normally NEVER agree with Skatelove, but I agree with his suggestion - it would be a much more practical way to destroy your Rover by simply dropping in a hi-power engine. Then, after you have completely destroyed the driveline, you can sell the engine to Skatelove....

Old 12-04-2009, 10:18 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man I think it goes fast but I think it is much more capable. It has soo much potential. I feel it just ready to take off, but it doesnt... it just wastes a lot of gas, but hey its like a v6 its only a 4.0 v8.
So I would like it to be more efficient. Is there any way for it to do this?

Old 12-04-2009, 10:20 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by gilder
Well, I would normally NEVER agree with Skatelove, but I agree with his suggestion - it would be a much more practical way to destroy your Rover by simply dropping in a hi-power engine. Then, after you have completely destroyed the driveline, you can sell the engine to Skatelove....
Are you saying they the transmissions can't handle the power?

Old 12-04-2009, 11:07 PM
Rock Crawling

NO the differentials won't take it unless you have upgraded them and then it will be the axle shafts then it will be the transfer case. The ZF will hold up. check the list on wikipedia for what they put these trannies in (Audi, BMW, Porsche). If you want speed for off road think about an AMG gelandewagen or porsche cayenne turbo.

Old 12-04-2009, 11:11 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by Camdisco24
We all said not a good idea, and anyone who said do it was being sarcastic....
Discos just aren't made for what you want to do.
However, if you'd like to make your disco off road capable or more efficient on the road we're here to help!
So talk to me, what do I need to make this rover more efficient. I love the car. I really do. No suv stands up to it, especially the design.

About getting a range rover supercharged that wouldn't be a bad idea.

Old 12-05-2009, 02:18 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I hate to say it but when you look at the initial cost versus the overall return there is very little that will be worth it on our trucks, now if money is not too much of an issue then maybe look into the range rovers supercharged engine, I doubt it will bolt right in without quite a bit of modification if it will at all. but I agree with having to change out many other components to support it.

almost every member of this forum loves our trucks for there capabilities not there speed, we just accept the fact that we get horrible gas mileage and can do 0-60 in about an hour and a half, but at least we can drive to the bottom of the grand canyon, across the Colorado river, and back up the other side!!!! (ok so maybe i exagerated those last few parts a little but I think you all know what I mean)

Old 12-05-2009, 07:46 AM
Rock Crawling

If you gotta have more power try this on for size:

http://www.toddcosuspensions.com/laroen.html

+135 HP should wake it up. Still cheaper than a complete blower engine.

Old 12-05-2009, 09:43 AM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by alexzracer2008
So talk to me, what do I need to make this rover more efficient. I love the car. I really do. No suv stands up to it, especially the design.

About getting a range rover supercharged that wouldn't be a bad idea.
If you want a fast SUV, a supercharged RR would be great. As for effieciency in a disco, its as simple as using Premium gas, synthetic oil, making sure your spark plugs are all fuctioning properly, and other little things like that.

Driving stlye also plays a big factor with gas milage, but everyone knows that!

Old 12-05-2009, 10:54 AM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by Camdisco24
If you want a fast SUV, a supercharged RR would be great. As for effieciency in a disco, its as simple as using Premium gas, synthetic oil, making sure your spark plugs are all fuctioning properly, and other little things like that.

Driving stlye also plays a big factor with gas milage, but everyone knows that!
Alright I got the picture here. Just one last question, would adding more octane be better for the engine, or not really. And I'm guessing iridium plugs would be better for it too.

Old 12-14-2009, 03:44 AM
Drifting

If money is not a concern, anything is possible. I have read about a few Discos that have been modified in various ways. There was one on e-bay for sale complete with links to video with sound for one that had a supercharged 4.6 and custom exhaust. This thing sounded like a dragster while it was idling.

I did a search and found this photo and information for you. Obviously the photo is not mine, and is actually from a thumbnail on the page I am linking here.

http://www.fastlane.com.au/Custom_Sh...king_Disco.htm

I am not saying you should or shouldn't look into this, only giving you a starting point into more research. I personally would love to have a Disco set up like this, along with straight pipe and glass packs. It wouldn't be a daily driver though. I want people next to me at a stop light in their sports cars to turn and go WTF?! when they hear my vehicle idling.

Last edited by Photographer2009; 12-14-2009 at 03:48 AM. Reason: adding more information