Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SWEATY. PASSENGER

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007 | 08:56 PM
Administrator
Default RE: SWEATY. PASSENGER

ORIGINAL: dirtyduk

Really , let the guy check the ac charge. If I'm not qualified to give proper advise no one is. I"ve only been with Land Rover since 1987.
And it will indead cause AC temp to blow hot on the passenger side. Veary few blend door motors fail in discos and when they do the self diagnostics will show a fault.
I don't want to rock your boat, but nearly 30 years as a service manager trumps your having owned Rovers for awhile.
Blender doors have always been an issue, what do you think opens to channel the cold air of your one and only evaporator??
Don't take it wrong, but your are totally off base on this issue.

Old 10-12-2007 | 06:56 PM
Mudding

Dear Disco Mike, let the guys who have an issue with the climate control decide, if I'm the one who's Boat will get rocked,or if I'm Off Base. EVERYBODY ELSE <If you own a disco thats blowing warm on the passenger side , and figured a fix from this forum feel free to post a reply. and lets resolve this Bus Driving Issue. Mike cant be wrong so I must be.Dont be shy guys !
P. S. You Learn something new every day

Old 10-12-2007 | 08:16 PM
Administrator

If you want to prove yourself right go talk to a service manager, if you can find one who will give you a couple of minutes and then back to us.
I will be waiting to hear back.

Old 10-12-2007 | 10:16 PM
Mudding

Mike, I spend most of my life at a land rover dealership , the service managers job isint figuring out how to repair the vehicles , thats my job.
And I advise 15 other great techs all day long , If we need Technical advise we call the factory support tech line on issues alot tougher than these,our Service Manager does not need to be involved in our work. we're the ones that get all the training, and we're well versed on how all the blend doors and climate control systems operate.This is a forum filled with ADVISE from people like us who have seen the Land Rover wierd issues and wish to share it with others. I dont need to prove I'm right . and I surley dont need to waste my time here.
The Disco owners can decide who's diagnosis is correct, one will work and one will not, Call it a process of elimation .
And Please !Wait .I'm sure someone will post some results . You dont seem like the kind of guy that would tell me my advise was right would you, I'm outa here.

Old 10-13-2007 | 05:18 PM
Camel Trophy

Do I need to make you two sit in a corner and hold hands?

Duck- In Mike's defense, you said that freon was the only thing that would cause this problem. Not true, because I had a piece of sealing foam come off and block a blend door, letting too much hot air through. The original poster has a 98. D1, just like mine. We have had a few "know it alls" come on here and give out bad advice.....

Mike's past is really not much concern to me, I have just seen what he tells people (myself included) and 99.9% of the time he is right. Service manager, technician or sales. Whatever, Mike knows Rovers and he will admit when he is wrong.

Ok, happy thoughts[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 10-29-2007 | 01:55 PM
|
Three Wheeling

Bypassed the heater,not much use for it down hear;I live in the tropics.It is better ,but not completely cold or at least how I would like it to be.

Old 10-29-2007 | 02:22 PM
Camel Trophy

Does this apply to just one side, or both? If it is just one side, move the temp back an forth to the fullest setting each way with the fan on high and recirc. several times.