General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

antifreeze leaking into passenger floorboards!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 06:28 PM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default antifreeze leaking into passenger floorboards!!!

Hi Guys, here is the problem. I have pulled back the floor carpet in the passengerside of my 2000 Range rover and there is a ton of antifreeze sitting on the floor and satcherating my rug to the point of shorting out my BeCM and I do not know where the hell it is comming from. Any Ideas??? Mabey a heating coil?

Old 05-30-2005, 03:38 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Default RE: antifreeze leaking into passenger floorboards!!!

heater core in the heater/a.c. box under the dash maybe

is it in warranty? or are you like me and don't have a LR dealer for 300 miles and would rather not want it to be towed to a dealership

Old 05-30-2005, 04:11 AM
Rock Crawling

The heater matrix is a possible problem causing leaks, is it anit freeze for sure? Are you having to top up your rad bottle?

The other cause for fluid in the passenger footwell is the air con unit if you have one fitted, this canbe caused by either a) the water from the the heating system again, or b) a blockage in the condensate drain, and thus all the condesation is now leaking into the passenger footwell instead of the outside.

Old 05-30-2005, 11:02 PM
Winching

The heater core / matrix o-rings have likely failed. These are between the core and the pipes leading to them from the engine compartment. Dealers typically charge 6 hours labor as the dash has to be partially removed to replace. Parts are about $ 20.

Crimp off the hoses leading to inside to avoid a tow.

Old 07-21-2005, 11:36 AM
5th Gear

This happened to my Disco and I took it to the Rover dealer. Said they had an issue after off roading that would clog a fitting and cause liquid to enter the passenger floor compartment. The tech said they were little funnel looking items and he removed them. NO more wet floors. I think mine was anti-freeze because of the smell and the slick texture. But I wasnt having to top off the radiator, must be a little went a LONG way. Was the heater core drain tubes being clogged after having taken mine off in the mud.

'03 Disco

Old 08-02-2005, 01:58 PM
Three Wheeling

Hi, I'm new to the forum and just bought an '01 Discovery; I have the same problem with fluid on the passenger floor, but mine's not antifreeze. I think it's just A/C condensation, but I don't know how it's getting inside the vehicle. I saw the post about a condensate drain being plugged and NEED to know how to unplug it if I can.

Old 08-03-2005, 05:28 AM
Three Wheeling

Never mind, I fixed it. It was A/C condensate, and the line wasn't blocked, the hose was just disconnected. For any w/ the same problem, pull back the carpet on pass. side against the tranny hump, there's a small ribbed rubber hose that just slips over the connection above it. It's relatively easy to dislodge with a passenger's foot. Hooked it back up and everything's fine. Thanks though.