Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Taking my 2001 Disco 2 into machanic tomorrow for a host of issues.. any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 06:08 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks snafu.. that sounds dead on with me.. and sickws6, im not out of the woods yet.. he charged me 40 labor on the knock sensor and 180 for switching out used pump which still has a leak somehow + OEM land rover steering fluid.. im gonna try some lucas additive.. he also told me i have a coolant leak and the gadge appears to be innacurate.. i took the truck outta there.. the guy seemed a little intimidated by the thing..

Old 01-10-2012, 09:04 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Well, I would agree that the temp gauge is not too accurate. But that is by design. If he was looking at a code scanner, at coolant temp, he would see temps move around quite a bit, and gauge would be holding steady at 9:00. It is made that way, the ECU reads the same things the scanner does, and decides to keep the needle at 9:00 for temps between "X" and "y". You should be able to find coolant leak with a simple coolant pressure test.

Old 01-14-2012, 04:05 PM
Mudding

Thanks again Savannah.. I give up.. I got an insepction sticker ticket yesterday.. is anybody passing through NY that wants to take a crack at fixing this thing?? I have an empty spare apartment.. Im offering free room and board and all the booze you can drink while this thing is being fixed. plus i will pay for labor hours!! MAKE IT A VACATION!! ill take you on a tour of Staten Island and introduce you to the Mob Wives :O) LMAO!! im at wits end with this effin thing

Old 01-14-2012, 09:25 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rimasco
Thanks again Savannah.. I give up.. I got an insepction sticker ticket yesterday.. is anybody passing through NY that wants to take a crack at fixing this thing?? I have an empty spare apartment.. Im offering free room and board and all the booze you can drink while this thing is being fixed. plus i will pay for labor hours!! MAKE IT A VACATION!! ill take you on a tour of Staten Island and introduce you to the Mob Wives :O) LMAO!! im at wits end with this effin thing
I'm about an hour outside SI should you ever want to take a ride over, I would be happy to check it out. I'm no where near an expert (furthest thing from it) but have taken enough apart on this to mess around. Maybe a couple of the other localish guys can make a GTG out of it. I've got beer.

Old 01-14-2012, 10:18 PM
Mudding

That would be great Snafu.. unfortunately between the steering issues and stalling etc etc.. i dont trust this thing goin to far right now..

Old 01-14-2012, 10:57 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rimasco
That would be great Snafu.. unfortunately between the steering issues and stalling etc etc.. i dont trust this thing goin to far right now..
Well if I ever find myself crossing the bridge I'll shoot you a note.

Old 01-15-2012, 12:50 PM
Mudding

Please do.. itll be a good excuse throw myself from the wagon