Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TC/ABS/HDC lights still on.... PLEASE HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 11:39 PM
7th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TC/ABS/HDC lights still on.... PLEASE HELP!!

Hey Guys,

I am at my wits end here. I got the dreaded 3 amigo lights on the dashboard. I have had it to my LandRover guy twice now and have had the ABS modulator rebuilt twice. I have had several brake flushes and brake bleeds done. And i am driving it home tonight from the shop after i just got it back and the damn lights came on again.

I just dont get it. I got the modulator rebuilt by SIA Electronics in Illinois who seem to have a pretty good rep. I cant see it being that anymore. It has to be a bad ground somewhere. I had my ROver guys diagnostic the machine and they said they cant find a bad ground anywhere.

What do i do now? I dont get what else could be wrong? Has anyone else been in this position before?

PLEASE HELP!!! 700 bucks and counting!!!!

Shane
shane.kelly55@gmail.com

Old 11-11-2006, 09:33 AM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts
Default RE: TC/ABS/HDC lights still on.... PLEASE HELP!!

Year and model?????
Has your mechanic scanned and found any codes?
Have you inspected and reset the wheel sensors?
Mike

Old 11-11-2006, 01:56 PM
7th Gear

She is a 1999 Disco II with 126k on her.... she runs perfectly except for this dang set of christmas tree lights....

The computer reader keeps saying its a bad ground or shuttle valve fault but again i have had the shuttle valve replaced twice. I have had the brake fluid changed, bled, and entire brake system flushed. I dont see how it could be a bad shuttle valve anymore.

I have not had the wheel sensors touched yet. I do have aftermarket pads and rotors and i have heard this can contribute to brake dust getting on sensor leads etc causing problems.

I just dont know what else to do. It seems i will spend a fortune trying to track this down....

Old 11-11-2006, 02:16 PM
Administrator

So who's pads and rotors are you using? Do you have alot of brake dust on your wheels?
Did you put lots of sound deadening material on the back of the pads?
Mike

Old 11-16-2006, 01:27 AM
4wd High

My Disco2 just started doing the same thing.I logged in to see if anyone else is having this problem ,and I'm not supprise to see that it is a commond thing.Any ways has anyone cracked the case?Your help would be appreciated.

Old 11-16-2006, 01:34 AM
4wd High

Dude my DISCO2 just started doing the same thing!Me and my brother are gonna go thrugh it this week end.Wish us good luck.I'll keep up with the post,please do the same.

Old 11-16-2006, 01:35 AM
Drifting

ORIGINAL: rastaman

My Disco2 just started doing the same thing.I logged in to see if anyone else is having this problem ,and I'm not supprise to see that it is a commond thing.Any ways has anyone cracked the case?Your help would be appreciated.
I'm having the same problem. My front rotors are toast I know that much. I'm planning on replacing the shuttle valve(was told that is broken from the previous owner), new rotors/pads, bleed the brake system. Hopefully that does it.

Old 11-16-2006, 12:05 PM
7th Gear

Good luck trying to figure this one out.... from what i have been reading, LR's ABS system is among the worst in the automotive industry. WABCO is the vendor and i think the technology they use on LR is the same found on the locomotives they started with in 1914.

The culprit can be anything. Modulator, sensors, pump, pads, rotors, dust, rust, cylinder etc.... By the time you figure this out, you will have a new car.

There have been some attempts by LR groups around the world to pressure/sue LR into coming up with some sort of solution but LR wont budge. THey have terrible customer support but tremendous customer loyalty.

I'd be interested in seeing how this turns out for you guys... maybe it will be give me some ideas....

Cheers....

Shane

Old 11-16-2006, 12:13 PM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: rastaman

Dude my DISCO2 just started doing the same thing!Me and my brother are gonna go thrugh it this week end.Wish us good luck.I'll keep up with the post,please do the same.
Don't waist to much time trying to figure out what is going on unless you get the codes read first. No mater how much you look, unless you just found a broken part, you won't find it. There are lots of fixes once the problem is found, but you need to see what is pissing off the ECU first.
Mike

Old 11-16-2006, 12:18 PM
7th Gear

I totally agree. I took it to my LR guys here in Dallas. I have replaced my ABS pump twice now (two rebuilt units but still) and i still have the same fault code being thrown.... the dreaded shuttle valve.

I know there is a shuttle valve on AtlanticBritish for 60.00 but i dont think that will help.