Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

terrafirma lift info thread.

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 11:40 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default terrafirma lift info thread.

Terrafirma shocks +2" for the front come in at approx. 25 3/8 the collapsed is right at 16"

Terrafirma front springs are marked with a part number and they have a PS for passenger side and a DS for drivers side after the part number on the coils.

With the +2 shocks and 3" coils there is not much room to remove or disconnect ace or the sway bars with stock brake lines as they are literally snug at this point. So if you plan on doing this look to replace brake lines, in which case just go with the tf 3" longer shocks

Front coils have a up and down on them the bottom has a kinked last coil that keeps it in place from rotating

You will unseat front coils with this set up, mine come out almost an inch or more

Watch your exhaust on rear watts link will touch sometimes mine does but no biggie

I will be grinding out some on the watts link I'll post my experience with this

Your front driveshaft will sit on the cross brace with this kit and hinder passenger side travel so add fender washers or spacer approx 3/4" and 3/4" longer grade 8 bolts or remove it like some have

Front springs on my kit were 1 1/2 inches shorter than rear this was the 3" lift

Rear coils will be thicker coils as well

OK so I pulled tires and got under car dropped the front end down and with sway bars disconnected and or ace there is no way the stock lines (brake) will take any more drop out then what a terrafirma 2"+ shock gives. So i left the ace hooked up till I get longer lines and I'll do the longer shocks (bilsteins) next week or so.

So just for info for anyone else....

Last edited by bullcrew; 03-09-2012 at 11:48 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:51 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks, some good bits of information as I look for shocks to go with my MD OME springs yet to be installed.

Old 03-10-2012, 06:52 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default tire report..

Originally Posted by bullcrew
Terrafirma shocks +2" for the front come in at approx. 25 3/8 the collapsed is right at 16"

Terrafirma front springs are marked with a part number and they have a PS for passenger side and a DS for drivers side after the part number on the coils.

With the +2 shocks and 3" coils there is not much room to remove or disconnect ace or the sway bars with stock brake lines as they are literally snug at this point. So if you plan on doing this look to replace brake lines, in which case just go with the tf 3" longer shocks

Front coils have a up and down on them the bottom has a kinked last coil that keeps it in place from rotating

You will unseat front coils with this set up, mine come out almost an inch or more

Watch your exhaust on rear watts link will touch sometimes mine does but no biggie

I will be grinding out some on the watts link I'll post my experience with this

Your front driveshaft will sit on the cross brace with this kit and hinder passenger side travel so add fender washers or spacer approx 3/4" and 3/4" longer grade 8 bolts or remove it like some have

Front springs on my kit were 1 1/2 inches shorter than rear this was the 3" lift

Rear coils will be thicker coils as well

OK so I pulled tires and got under car dropped the front end down and with sway bars disconnected and or ace there is no way the stock lines (brake) will take any more drop out then what a terrafirma 2"+ shock gives. So i left the ace hooked up till I get longer lines and I'll do the longer shocks (bilsteins) next week or so.

So just for info for anyone else....
How do you like your tires so far...freeway , normal driving... Let me know. Thinking of getting the same size ones..

Thanks Chris

Old 03-10-2012, 02:24 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by vandev
How do you like your tires so far...freeway , normal driving... Let me know. Thinking of getting the same size ones..

Thanks Chris
Like am so far had em on loose over hard with excellent grip and wet so I assume siping is the reason there I did hit clay mud and they packed a smidge more than a normal wide lug of a mt but a hell of alot better than any all terrain I've used in the past and better than some mud.

I'll be taking it out into the desert with rocks in the next week or so and doing some rock trails each and sandy stuff. Iv driven ATS and mts in the desert for desert trucks and prerunner/race trucks so i know what to expect from grip and throttling lightly should be alot better than a mud and not as ligh t as a ATS in sandy bottoms.

I'm really happy with them so far, look good great performance a mild hum...

Old 03-22-2012, 06:41 PM
Drifting

Just got my TF +2 MD delivered today from lucky8 Thanx guys!!! I will be photo documenting the install along with before and after measurments. I'll keep everbody posted.