Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is there a way to bypass the immobilizer on my disco2

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 05:52 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there a way to bypass the immobilizer on my disco2

just curious if this is possible on a disco 2

Old 08-13-2015, 06:04 PM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Not a chance in this world.
May I ask why you want to do this.

Old 08-13-2015, 06:11 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
Not a chance in this world.
May I ask why you want to do this.
Because I got the car from a customer who didn't want to fix the immobilizer issue. Instead he gave it to me for what he owed me. I just want to get the car running so I can see how much money I have to dump into it or even if I want to keep it for that matter. I know I can send the bcm over to the UK to get it done but I'm looking for an easier method of possible also cheaper, lol

Old 08-13-2015, 07:59 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 245 Likes on 230 Posts

DiscoMike knows these things to an absolute certainty.

You could swap the BCU and ECU (matched set), I think.

If it has secondary air I have a set. I know you're on another thread but I can't recall if you mentioned SAI. Maybe Mike can confirm that would work for you and that I won't need them on my 4.6 (since I plugged the SAI holes in the heads and am swapping in to my 2000 4.0 truck. Swapping zf4hp24 as well and currently have zf4hp22).

Notably, if you buy any BCU/ECu you will be stuck with whatever mileage the donor vehicle had.

Last edited by Charlie_V; 08-13-2015 at 08:05 PM.
Old 08-13-2015, 08:39 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Charlie_V
DiscoMike knows these things to an absolute certainty.

You could swap the BCU and ECU (matched set), I think.

If it has secondary air I have a set. I know you're on another thread but I can't recall if you mentioned SAI. Maybe Mike can confirm that would work for you and that I won't need them on my 4.6 (since I plugged the SAI holes in the heads and am swapping in to my 2000 4.0 truck. Swapping zf4hp24 as well and currently have zf4hp22).

Notably, if you buy any BCU/ECu you will be stuck with whatever mileage the donor vehicle had.
Wouldn't a matching set of keys be needed as well? I don't really care mileage wise. Just as long as I can get her fired up. And yes it has sai

Old 08-13-2015, 11:35 PM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by Germanwerks
Wouldn't a matching set of keys be needed as well? I don't really care mileage wise. Just as long as I can get her fired up. And yes it has sai
The key fobs but not the keys matter... I don't even have key fobs. And I am not really sure which brain box receives the wireless signal. But Ihave a complete set of brains from an 03 with the key fob. If some more knowledgeable person will chime in and we are both in the clear I'd be happy to mail them to you and if they work charge something well below market and if they don't just mail them back.

Old 08-14-2015, 05:51 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Charlie_V
The key fobs but not the keys matter... I don't even have key fobs. And I am not really sure which brain box receives the wireless signal. But Ihave a complete set of brains from an 03 with the key fob. If some more knowledgeable person will chime in and we are both in the clear I'd be happy to mail them to you and if they work charge something well below market and if they don't just mail them back.
Id definitely be interested

Old 08-14-2015, 06:08 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

need the matching speedo too i "believe"

Old 08-14-2015, 11:35 AM
Baja
Received 717 Likes on 622 Posts

BECM mates to the fobs.

I have never swapped in an 03' BECM/ECU/Gauge cluster, but theoretically it should work. The 03' ECU is for a 4.6, but that is not an issue.

You should try getting the 3 items from Alex and install. If that doesn't work I can drive out and help.

Keep us posted, interested in the 03' unit going into the 02'.

Old 08-14-2015, 01:35 PM
Camel Trophy

I swapped the cluster into my original Disco, without swapping the computers, and it works... the odometer flashes though. I'm going to swap back to my original cluster. Notably both cluster odometer will flash until they are synced with their ultimate ECU/BCUs and equally notably the 03 cluster has about 166k on it (which is why I want it out of my truck before my looming inspection... added a lot of mileage).

So I guess I have all three... ECU/BCU/Cluster, for SAI. What's a friendly forum price for them (I'll still mail them to you and you just pay if you decide to keep them and mail them back if you dont)??? Or if Alex has got it covered that's fine too.

But before I do that is everyone happy with me plugging the SAI holes in my 4.6 and plugging it into my non SAI computers??? I don't have the engine back from the shop yet.

Last edited by Charlie_V; 08-14-2015 at 01:37 PM.

Quick Reply: Is there a way to bypass the immobilizer on my disco2