Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Things you do not like at all from Discovery II...

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 10:22 PM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by RoverMasterTech
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. This is the perfect discussion for this board. Have any of you actually seen a real life 300td anything? Those things suck complete whole entire sweaty ***. They cant get out of they're own way, let alone pull into 55 mph traffic like here in NJ. Sure you can pull a building down while tied to a tree while pulling a 40 foot boat in low range... But that's it, it's like trying to change your taillight, or tighten your throttle body heater screws with a 1/2 inch breaker bar. Smokey, Noisy, Slow, Harsh, Diesel.
Yeah, that would certainly explain why so many people drive them and convert V8's to 300Tdi's.
You certainly nailed.

Old 02-01-2013, 10:50 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't believe that the what do I like thread is already on pg 2 and the what I don't like thread is still going lol.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:25 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by binvanna
The rear door is so much better than what they have on new SUV's. Look at these squat little windows and tell me you can see anything out of those from the other end of a long cabin interior:

I agree with you, the rear windshield is awesome compared to the tiny portholes you have on some comparable SUVs. I particularly can't stand the 84-01 Cherokee rear window. What I'm getting at is that from time to time I am walking up from behind, and I just kind of think to myself "wow that is one ugly *** end of a car".

Old 02-01-2013, 11:43 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by RoverMasterTech
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. This is the perfect discussion for this board. Have any of you actually seen a real life 300td anything? Those things suck complete whole entire sweaty ***. They cant get out of they're own way, let alone pull into 55 mph traffic like here in NJ. Sure you can pull a building down while tied to a tree while pulling a 40 foot boat in low range... But that's it, it's like trying to change your taillight, or tighten your throttle body heater screws with a 1/2 inch breaker bar. Smokey, Noisy, Slow, Harsh, Diesel.
I assume you don't know who I work for.

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto
I cannot even comprehend your statement binvanna. I don't know how to respond. There's a reason the TDi swap Rovers North offered for NAS D90s was hugely popular. The 300TDi is MUCH preferred to any V8 LR offered, torquey enough, GREAT GAS MILEAGE(not sure what you meant by bad mileage, it gets near 30 in a vehicle shaped like a brick) and QUITE reliable. The Rover V8 is in no way a lusted after engine, it's joke.
I've driven mostly any and every engine Land Rover ever fitted. Sure I like the 2.2 & 2.4 Puma more than any of them, but that's relative to the age and 6 speed tranny. Sure the 200TDi and 300TDi aren't fast, but why would I care? I have an S60R and a SV650S to go fast.

Also, in your quote you mention diesel as a bad thing... what?

Old 02-02-2013, 06:59 AM
Drifting
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What I don't like? Well really there are only a couple of things- 1) Coil pack on the back top of engine and 2) the SAI that it is buried under. However that thought goes away quickly when I can easily spot my car in a sea of toyota's, honda's, etc.

Last edited by jpmiller; 02-02-2013 at 07:29 AM.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:24 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't like how the 10° weather yesterday frozeup my high low linkage to leave me stuck in low for about 5 minutes. Thanks Phil for not seeing your shadow, I'm ready for summer!

Old 02-02-2013, 08:50 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by toad2
My 04 HSE7 doesn't have the rear jacks/controls for the kids in the back.
It's an HSE, why wouldn't it? Makes no sense.
Dont know about you but i sure wouldnt want my two little boys who ride in the back to have a volume control. I think the lack of audio controls goes on the plus side.

Last edited by 94svt50; 02-02-2013 at 09:17 AM.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:32 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's the volume controls for the headphone jacks.

Old 02-02-2013, 12:03 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts

The people who are jealous that they don't have a Discovery 2....
I would like the rear stowage area to be about 4 inches wider, so golf clubs could lay in there without needing to put them on an angle...or take the woods out of the bag.

Old 02-02-2013, 12:51 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The rear door is so much better than what they have on new SUV's. Look at these squat little windows and tell me you can see anything out of those from the other end of a long cabin interior:
Ughhh, I hate these new "SUVS" more like 4wd minivan... My rovers have their flaws but I'll take them any time over the fugly things being produced today.

Quick Reply: Things you do not like at all from Discovery II...