Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Things you do not like at all from Discovery II...

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 08:51 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

I couldn't care less about getting laid, I'm 23 with a girlfriend and have no issues with that. She loves the Disco, that's all that matters. As for snowy roads, maybe you're using the wrong tires. My studded iPikes go literally anywhere I want safely. I've also got studded General Altimax artics on my S60R(AWD, 3" off the ground) and it goes everywhere too. While it's easier to control the S60R, the Disco could make it places the R couldn't dream about.

Old 02-03-2013, 08:59 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If a girl is gonna turn me down just because I drive a D2, I probably don't want to hang around that girl. If she doesn't like my D2 and I still want to be with her, I guess I'll drive my RX8. If she can't stand either of those vehicles, shes not worth it.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:25 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seriously guys? I think your taking that post a bit to seriously I was trying to make a joke. I thought that was blatantly obvious in that post that I was giving Triarii a hard time. Guess not. Oh well, continue on.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:00 PM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

I got it. But the thread was getting boring. LOL

Old 02-03-2013, 10:10 PM
Mudding

In the end all I got from this thread is "I don't like my rover when it isn't getting me laid"

Old 02-03-2013, 10:27 PM
Super Moderator
Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by TRIARII
- The 2003-2004 "S" trim Disco! Cant stand anything about it.
You realize that the only difference in appearance from the outside is the front bumper end caps, right?

Old 02-03-2013, 10:49 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by jafir
You realize that the only difference in appearance from the outside is the front bumper end caps, right?
yeah but geeze, even if you put a HD bumper on it and no one could tell, deep down you would have to live with a base model Rover. (that would really turn off the ladies)

Old 02-03-2013, 10:50 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

I had an 88? Audi 5000 quattro. Locking center and rear diffs from the factory. It had as much ground clearance as a cherokee. I could out wheel everyone I knew in that car. I **** you not I pulled so many trucks out of the mud with that thing. It was so bullet proof. In like 5 years and 50k miles it broke down ONCE. The key sheared off on the crank timing wheel - motor was non interference. Took the crank wheel off and drilled a hole through 1/2 the crank and 1/2 the timing wheel all the way through the square keyway, then hammered a piece of #3 phillips screw driver I had laying around into the "new" keyway. Years later I sold it to my cousin, then he sold it to his buddy. Pretty sure that car is still running around somewhere...

The thing was so ahead of its time, 6 setting heated full power leather seats, automatic digital climate control, ABS that actually worked, 5 speed manual if you wanted, power windows, power locks, POWER ANTENNA, heated mirrors, Diff locks from the factory that you turn a **** inside to engage. CIS fuel injection, car wont start? Fuel pump. That's it, no scanner, no pinpoint test, no check the crank sensor/oxygen sensor wiring/mass airflow meter, if the car don't start, it needs a fuel pump. AND THE FUEL PUMP TOOK 10 MINUTES TO CHANGE WITH A PHILLIPS HEAD, A FLAT HEAD, A HAMMER, AND A PAIR OF PLIERS. If Audi built a truck back then, there would not be any Land Rovers here, that's for sure.

Last edited by RoverMasterTech; 02-03-2013 at 11:07 PM.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:56 PM
Super Moderator
Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by taylor15
yeah but geeze, even if you put a HD bumper on it and no one could tell, deep down you would have to live with a base model Rover. (that would really turn off the ladies)
That explains it. Guess I'm going to go look for an HSE.

Old 02-03-2013, 11:52 PM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by jafir
I made it clear that I hated everything about the S trim.
no leather
no 6 disk cd changed
no fog lights
no colored front bumper endcaps
no CDL
thin roof rails
no sunroofs
ugly 16" rims
unlikely to have heated windshield or engine block heater
etc

Glad to hear your content with your S trim, just glad I dont have to deal with it. HSE is good but honestly Im quit happy with just a mid level SE trim. The main thing I lust from the HSE is the ACE and park assist sensor.

Last edited by TRIARII; 02-04-2013 at 12:27 AM.

Quick Reply: Things you do not like at all from Discovery II...