Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Third row seat belt mount

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 10:40 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Third row seat belt mount

I am installing third row shoulder harness seat belts I have the two bolted to the back frame behind the trim panels and the third that mounts to the lower rear corner of the lower rear trim panel. Is there additional hardware to mount using this hole that holds the seat belt in more robustly? My panel just has the hole and it looks like something should be in there to better secure the bolt.

TIA
Randy

Old 10-29-2009, 11:40 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

You need to verify if there is additional plating behind the hole to support the seat belt when under impact.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:30 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Bolts for 3rd Row Seat Belt

Randy - I'm starting a 3rd Row Seat install on my 2004 Disco S. The seat belts I picked up didn't come with the bolts on either end, just the hanger in the middle. I was wondering if you knew what size bolt I need. Also, for the mounting of the housing to the truck wall, did it require a bolt and a nut? Any other advice for someone getting started? So far the panels have come off pretty easily and I was relieved to see that all of the mounts were in place considered I had already bought all of the necessary parts. Thanks in advance!

Chris

Last edited by Disco_Hasher; 04-26-2011 at 10:33 PM.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:06 AM
Drifting
Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

On my 01, there are no nuts, just 3 bolts. One bolt at the re-tractor (or whatever it's called) then one at the upper mount and one at the lower mount. The pillars themselves are threaded (Or have a nut welded to the back...)

I can't imagine that they would have not put the threads in the body unless it had the jump seats. I would guess they would be there on every one, but can't be sure.

Last edited by bustedwheel; 04-28-2011 at 10:16 AM.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:12 AM
Drifting
Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Disco_Hasher
Randy - I'm starting a 3rd Row Seat install on my 2004 Disco S. The seat belts I picked up didn't come with the bolts on either end, just the hanger in the middle. I was wondering if you knew what size bolt I need. Also, for the mounting of the housing to the truck wall, did it require a bolt and a nut? Any other advice for someone getting started? So far the panels have come off pretty easily and I was relieved to see that all of the mounts were in place considered I had already bought all of the necessary parts. Thanks in advance!

Chris
Not sure what size bolts they are but...The bolt that mounts the retractor part are the same bolts that hold the mounts for the second row seat belts (When you open the back passengar door they are bolted to the front of the wheel well) The other two bolts are different. They are gold/silver in color (as opposed to black/gray), and they are longer and have a non-threaded section for spacers, as the upper and lower mounts swivel.

I would imagine that all these bolts are special hardness or something. I would suggest ordering the right bolts from somewhere, or snagging them out of a junker as opposed to buying misc ones. These are seat belts we are talking about.

If I remember correctly the have a 17mm head on them.