Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Third row seat conversion Disco II

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 03:52 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too would like to see the bolt in install if anyone has done it. I just purchased an 02 Disco SE and would like to add the jumpseats. I've found some seats off a 2000 model and want to know how difficult would it be.

Old 05-16-2010, 11:21 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default i have one

my 99 DII original owner did this with the disco that i just got. I'd be happy to post some picks (tomorrow as i just got back from 5 days wheeling in MOAB) and to be honest would love to swap out what i have taking the rig back to stock. no way i am ever going to carry anyone back there.

PM me if anyone is instructed in a swap of parts.

Dave

Last edited by range_time; 05-17-2010 at 07:10 AM.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:31 PM
Drifting
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you Urban Panzer!!! I was just laughing reading all that crap about cutting the floor out and welding it in another LR. WOW! ..................Well.......I JUST came back from purchasing the two jump seats, hardware, roof replacement panel, and floor mounts for $125 at the junk yard. I came home and felt around on the floor and found that the inserts are already installed under the carpet. So instead of replacing the carpet, I am going to cut out the area I need to get to because the floor mounts I took out of the junk one will cover 2inches past the cuts. On the head rests, I took the small roof panel (which snaps out) off the junk one, and will pull the flat one off mine and simply snap it into place. Then the head rests will bolt right on. As far as the seat belts, you can either buy the whole rear side panels that have the cut outs for the belts, or you can do like me(if your good). I'm going to cut the slits in the panels myself, because like the floor, there is a ribber trim ring that goes in the hole that will cover any imperfections in the cutting process. All together, this is a VERY SIMPLE JOB! It just may take you a few hours to line everything up and get it secure. The main thing is making sure you get EVERYTHING you need off the junk one.

The following users liked this post:
Roont (08-28-2023)
Old 02-23-2012, 10:20 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Cool

So, how about some pictures, and maybe a detailed write up? This topic comes up a couple of times a year - would be nice to have a good reference.

Old 06-10-2012, 09:53 PM
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The conversion was simple very simple, no cutting and no welding just taking out the cabinets from the five seater and installing the cabinets from the seven seater bolting in the seats and hardware. All the holes are there. Just make sure that you get all the parts in order to do the conversion I think this took roughly 4 hours and I now have a seven seater:-) no suspension mods or any of the other crap, that just nonsense talking there. I will be posting a video here soon for anyone else interested in this upgrade. Or pm me if you have any specific questions this was done on a 2001 and I also looked on my 99 both have the holes tapped and are ready for the 3rd row seats. They come in very handy for kids!!!

Old 06-11-2012, 06:47 AM
Rock Crawling

Yes, it is a job, but not as bad as everyone is making it out to be. About 3 months ago, we dismantled an se7 at my shop. I had them keep the rear jump seats, side trim, seatbelts, and every nut, bolt, and bracket necessary for the conversion. It has been sitting on a pallet in front of my desk ever since then. If you are interested, shoot me a p.m.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:34 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SBLenger
I have a 2000 Disco II that did not come with 3rd row jump seats but I would like to install them. Does anyone know if this is a simple DIY conversion and what would be involved in the retrofit?
Just an easy solution, throw a couple of short folding beach chairs back there and tell them to hold on....

Problem Solved..

Old 06-11-2012, 11:21 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Not a solution.

Old 06-11-2012, 11:26 AM
Drifting

I personally have done it, but didnt take any pictures, i could not find black se7 jump seats but settled for tan set i found on ebay. I found a complete used kit on ebay for 300.00 plus shipping, came out to 450.00 that was complete with the side trims, head rests, head rest trim, seatbelts, jump seats, cup holders etc, installed on a saturday with the grill going. Was straight forward and bolt in, just make sure you get all the parts in the first place because nobody will sell you pieces later. Someday ill try to die the seats black, but hasnt bothered
Me enough yet.
Jack

Old 06-13-2012, 07:00 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

"thought about doing the bolt in process but using a bench seat from another vehicle which would allow me to put in three seat belts".
Do not do that, you truck is rate as a 7 passenger using LR seats.
Just throwing in a third row seat from another vechicle is silly,
any type of modification like that will void you insurance policy.

Even people installing LR seats take the chance of voiding thier policy.
your truck was built as a 5 pasenger or a 7 passenger, that is what you registered and what you insured.

If you get into any accident and have a adjuster who want to bust ***** (or do his job correctly, depending on how you look at it) he can void your claim and cancel your policy as soon as he see it is a 7 passenger and not a 5 passenger.

You do stand a better chance at getting it by using land rover parts, it will not stand out as much.

Last edited by drowssap; 06-13-2012 at 11:25 AM.

Quick Reply: Third row seat conversion Disco II