Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Third row seat conversion Disco II

Old 12-16-2012, 01:54 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So all the legal stuff aside, if someone that has done this before could could give me some advice I'd appreciate it, as I've just picked up a complete set of third row seats and bits but I'm stuck on the seatbelts.

The top mount for the seatbelt is (I think) where the arrow points, but as you can see there is no thread in it... Is this normal?
Name:  IMG_20121216_201341_zpsf2c816ce.jpg
Views: 1332
Size:  122.0 KB

And the bottom mount for the seatbelt seems to be missing a bracket. I'm going to contact the guy I got them from to see if there was a bracket there, or if I need to fab something up.

I'll take some more photos as I go since I couldn't find any photos anywhere to help with this (although most of it seems relatively straight forward).

Cheers in advance

Steve

Attached Thumbnails Third row seat conversion Disco II-img_20121216_201325_zps908f3d16.jpg   Third row seat conversion Disco II-img_20121216_201307_zpsfadef50a.jpg  

Last edited by kiwi_steve; 12-16-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Old 12-16-2012, 12:09 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, not to hijack this thread, but what about doing it the other way round? I have carried six people in the car before, but i've never needed more. What I do need is storage space for things like recovery gear, tow straps, etc. How difficult would it be to get hold of one of those storage bins (or both) and install it in place of a seat?

Old 12-16-2012, 12:17 PM
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by wreckdiver1321
So, not to hijack this thread, but what about doing it the other way round? I have carried six people in the car before, but i've never needed more. What I do need is storage space for things like recovery gear, tow straps, etc. How difficult would it be to get hold of one of those storage bins (or both) and install it in place of a seat?

Not very hard at all! Give Paul grant a call and ask if he has one in your color. All trucks were stamped out of the same shell and all you would need to do is remove the 4 bolts that hold the seat to the side and take it out then remove the latch in floor if you want it out. Shipping on a storage is about $70 dollars because of the size. If you don't change the top panel you will have the cut out for the seat belt. Not a big deal though.

Old 12-16-2012, 12:26 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lr2001silver
Not very hard at all! Give Paul grant a call and ask if he has one in your color. All trucks were stamped out of the same shell and all you would need to do is remove the 4 bolts that hold the seat to the side and take it out then remove the latch in floor if you want it out. Shipping on a storage is about $70 dollars because of the size. If you don't change the top panel you will have the cut out for the seat belt. Not a big deal though.
Thanks lr2001silver! Helping me once again. Your driveshaft is one hell of a product by the way. Working marvelously.
Really? $70 for shipping? Wow. I'll try to find one at a wrecking yard first. But that's good to hear, i'll try to get hold of one of those. It'd be far more useful to me than an unused seat.

Old 05-31-2015, 08:56 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this is an old thread but I am in the process of adding the third row seat package using OEM parts of course. After reading this thread I called my insurance broker and she told me that it was not a problem as long as I was not changing the safety and performance of the vehicle. In other words my liability insurance would not be voided unless I changed the vehicle in a manner which affected the braking or handling of the vehicle. Adding seats to a vehicle that was already engineered to have the seats added as an option ( trim levels ) would not change the breaking performance or structural integrity or handling performance of the vehicle. Additionally, if I wanted to add a rider for the comp and collision to cover the value of the added seats I could. Have a great day!

Old 12-07-2018, 11:11 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 116 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Gman04Disco
I know this is an old thread but I am in the process of adding the third row seat package using OEM parts of course. After reading this thread I called my insurance broker and she told me that it was not a problem as long as I was not changing the safety and performance of the vehicle. In other words my liability insurance would not be voided unless I changed the vehicle in a manner which affected the braking or handling of the vehicle. Adding seats to a vehicle that was already engineered to have the seats added as an option ( trim levels ) would not change the breaking performance or structural integrity or handling performance of the vehicle. Additionally, if I wanted to add a rider for the comp and collision to cover the value of the added seats I could. Have a great day!
How did your install go?