Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thoughts on running M1 5W40 Turbo Diesel oil.

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 12:08 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Snafu / Disco Fries
That is the only oil I will let touch my Audi, as well as my previous twin turbo Audi. Great stuff. Just thinking with the older Rover that is running hot and may be a bit dirty, the TD formula could be good
Yes, a great oil as you already know... The 0W-40 will clean better than the TD formula, it has a more robust detergent package and damn near as good anti wear additive package. As a 0W oil, higher quality base stocks too

Old 01-23-2012, 12:21 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SolbergFanBoi
Yes, a great oil as you already know... The 0W-40 will clean better than the TD formula, it has a more robust detergent package and damn near as good anti wear additive package. As a 0W oil, higher quality base stocks too
Good to know. My current S4 takes 10 qts of it at a time. I track that car sometimes so run it hard. I've sent the results to Blackstone and is always great. Used it. On two highly modded cars as well as was perfect. My previous twin turbo 6 had k04 turbos and 450hp. Put 100k trouble free miles with that oil, and those turbos when driven hard can easy cook bad oil.
I might give it a shot next time. Would make it easier to just buy one grade for both cars anyway!

Old 01-23-2012, 12:44 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Snafu / Disco Fries
Good to know. My current S4 takes 10 qts of it at a time. I track that car sometimes so run it hard. I've sent the results to Blackstone and is always great. Used it. On two highly modded cars as well as was perfect. My previous twin turbo 6 had k04 turbos and 450hp. Put 100k trouble free miles with that oil, and those turbos when driven hard can easy cook bad oil.
I might give it a shot next time. Would make it easier to just buy one grade for both cars anyway!
If it can take the punishment of track days in your modded turboed Audi's than it's obviously more than good enough for our Rovers. Good for you doing Used Oil Analysis too, a lot can be told by doing this and it's cheap! Plus, you get to learn a lot about engine oils and their chemical formulations.