Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Three Amigos finally here. Amigo anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 09:13 AM
Mudding
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Three Amigos finally here. Amigo anyone?

The three amigos have made an appearance on my Rover. They were intermittent for a few days, but seem to be locked in now. I bought the old girl 4 years ago and at 150k miles now, I consider myself lucky to have not had to deal with the lights until now. I’m guessing there is nothing I can do troubleshooting wise until I get my hands on a scanner to read the ABS codes.

Is there anyone in the Philadelphia/ South Jersey area that owns an Amigo scanner I could borrow or rent? Shoot me a PM or email at jami.dstasio@me.com
Thanks in advance

Last edited by j.dstasio; 06-20-2012 at 10:02 AM.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:44 AM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just had the amigo problem. Mine was the shuttle valves. Make sure you get the codes read so you know for sure. If it is the shuttle valves do option B in the sticky above. I didn't buy new switches because I felt that the switches were fine. I replaced the seals and did the wire cutting and bam I am good. However make sure you do it when the amigos are off so you don't have to have someone clear it with a amigo scanner! If it is the shuttle valves let me tell you that the little locking washer/clip inside the the slabs control unit SUCK to get off. They are so small and pop off easily. They are easy to get on though because you assemble everything before it goes into the slot.

Old 06-20-2012, 10:27 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

you should probably get on to our club forum.. lots of local guys near you. if you ever come to one of our outings i always carry the club amigo with me. start simple. go to a spray car wash and spray your brakes down when you do a car wash. dirt and brake dust is an easy fix.. could be a million other things though, abs sensor, shuttle valves, hub etc etc

Old 06-20-2012, 10:44 AM
Mudding
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hilltoppersx
start simple. go to a spray car wash and spray your brakes down when you do a car wash. dirt and brake dust is an easy fix.
I've actually got this planned for today when I go out to lunch. I have a horrible problem with brake dust! So much so that I've painted the wheels on the rover a nice dark metallic grey/ gunmetal color to hide it. I put ceramic brakes on a Saab once and I had almost no brake dust at all. Are ceramic brakes okay on a Disco?

I've also sent a message to join NELRC & am in the process of checking out the Facebook page. I hope I didn't miss out on the summer outings yet.

Old 06-20-2012, 11:37 AM

you just missed a big one in the beginning of June but we are going to be back down in the Pines in August, Viriginia in Sept, PA in October, Jersey in Jan 13...

replied to your email.

if i were going to redo mine i would go Ferodo or EBC but right now i have cheapies on there because its only a trail truck. also get yourself one of these if you haven't already. it will fail and leave you stranded in park. Brake Light Switch & Wiring Assembly Kit (Genuine Part # XKB500120) - Land Rover switches from Atlantic British

Old 06-20-2012, 12:52 PM
Mudding

If it does turn out to just be the shuttle valve, do both option A and B. I only did option B first and had to end up going back and redoing it all of it.

Old 06-20-2012, 01:23 PM

in south africa option B is option A

Old 06-20-2012, 02:33 PM
Mudding

No it's not, it is option C lol.