Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Three amigos when shifting gears?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 08:47 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Three amigos when shifting gears?

I did a search for the tres amigos but none of them seemed to be intermittent problems, only locked in issues.

Anyway, just this evening when I shifted from drive to reverse, I got my first 3 amigos. I started the car back up and the lights were cleared.

Later, as I was backing out of my driveway to turn the car around, it happened again. I turned the Rover off then back on and the problem cleared.

It only happened when shifted from Drive to Reverse on both occasions with my foot on the brake.

Weather:rainy and cold....might be important.

A month ago, I posted about a similar issue that happened twice...the M + S lamps flashed under the same conditions (shifting gears while stopped and the weather was cold and rainy).

The M + S problem hasn't cropped up since, but now I get the Amigos twice in one night.

The stealership is almost 90 minutes away and there's no local Indies equipped to pull the codes.

Do I have something simple that might be weather related or isanything I should be looking at to see if I have something more serious going on?

Edit: brakes and rotors changed last Spring at 49k if that's helpful.