Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

toys came today.

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 06:06 PM
Mudding
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking toys came today.

Some good some bad. Honey do for the first one.
Guess which one gets done first.

My steering has been getting a little loose, feeling the road imperfections on the steering wheel. I'll leave that for the Old Man to take care of. Will connect the 1/8 inch tubing
to the sandwich for my mechanical. Tires should be coming soon.
She's an asphalt queen so no heavy duty treads for me.

Will post pics of the oil gauge when done.

Attached Thumbnails toys came today.-img_0825.jpg   toys came today.-img_0824.jpg  
Old 03-28-2012, 10:08 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

Nice...

If your steering is feeling sloppy, the stabilizer probably won't have much effect, you'll might want to check all your steering linkages for play or bends.

Old 03-29-2012, 12:30 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by yloDiscoII
Nice...

If your steering is feeling sloppy, the stabilizer probably won't have much effect, you'll might want to check all your steering linkages for play or bends.
Feel good when riding concrete. When changing lanes or uneven road you can feel it in the
steering wheel ( the wheel wants to move ) accompanied by a little directional vehicle movement. steering has little play. Just very little resistance to moving it left to right and visa versa.

Its got 140K. DiscoII MY 2000. Haven't checked/changed any ball joints/hub yet, and not looking forward to it, LOL.

Old 03-29-2012, 05:00 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

As a test, remove the damper and drive same area. Damper can hide some things, but not for long. The main job for it is trails, unless you are in New Jersey, where the potholes are so good that you must change shocks every oil change.

Better put those lights in first, you need to have the route to the shade tree well lit.

Old 03-29-2012, 06:49 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

she'll be lucky if you dont find a use for the lights on the truck....

Old 03-31-2012, 12:20 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by EVN137
Some good some bad. Honey do for the first one.
Guess which one gets done first.

My steering has been getting a little loose, feeling the road imperfections on the steering wheel. I'll leave that for the Old Man to take care of.
Update: Handling changed significantly with new tires ( 4 ). Overlooked that one.
Put the Old Man on, but I took the truck out for a ride after I removed the old stabilizer out and before the Old Man went in. Very subtle difference in handling ( with vs without ) on the roads I went on. Not really sure I knew what to look for.

Glowshift to go in Saturday. Will update.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:29 PM
Mudding

Finally installed the Glowshift Sandwich. I decided to go with copper tubing using 1/8
air conditioning tubing. It went from the mount, down the driver side pillar, sneaked through a small crack between the dash and the pillar ( difficult passing the tubing here because of binding ), thru the firewall driver side, crossing over to the passenger side firewall, down
next to the inertial fuel switch to the frame, traveling with the frame right side, and finallly jumping to the sandwich. Seems pretty safe enough area for a vulnerable tubing.

I was thinking of running a steel reinforced tubing, similar to a brake line, from the sandwich to an area above the frame just to be a bit beefier. Quite a lone tubing as it is.

I used Castrol GTX 5W-30 oil.
See enclosed pictures of idling cold and idling hot ( 197F ).

I still have to hook up the gauge light. Any suggestions from members who believe in the
Bourden Tube ( and we know who you are, LOL ).

Thinking of oil temp gauge for the hole below the Oil pressure gauge.

Attached Thumbnails toys came today.-img_0840.jpg   toys came today.-img_0844.jpg   toys came today.-img_0848.jpg  

Last edited by EVN137; 04-02-2012 at 09:34 PM.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:34 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

I hope you put a couple of coils in that copper tubing between the engine and the frame, if not it will break definately from vibration.
That is why when we pipe things with refrigeration tubing you always see the tubing coiled up.