Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Traction Control Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 07:19 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traction Control Question

As I consider the Disco as my next car, I have a lot of questions. First, can someone explain the traction control system in this car for me. Can it be fully turned off? How many settings does it have? (snow, sand.. ect) I know the LR3 has many settings but does this?

Also, can someone clarify that the locking diff was dropped in the US after 2003? Someone said this in another post. Thanks for the help.

--Bill

Old 05-15-2007, 03:10 AM
Rock Crawling
Default RE: Traction Control Question

the traction control cannot be tuned off in the older disco's and the in 2003 (the facelift model) the centre differential finnaly returned as an option, well in the UK anyway.

Old 05-15-2007, 08:01 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

ORIGINAL: LR Bill

As I consider the Disco as my next car, I have a lot of questions. First, can someone explain the traction control system in this car for me. Can it be fully turned off? How many settings does it have? (snow, sand.. ect) I know the LR3 has many settings but does this?

Also, can someone clarify that the locking diff was dropped in the US after 2003? Someone said this in another post. Thanks for the help.

--Bill
Bill,
There are no adjustment for the 03's ETC, it just works when ever the ECU pick up a slipping wheel.
As for the dropping of the CDL, the last one came out on the early product 01's, they weren't hooked up and needed to be converted back to a linkage that would allow it to be engaged.
Your 03 doesn't have that ability and if you are planning on installing lockers at some time, you will need to replace your t/case with the older style or one from a 04.
Mike

Old 05-15-2007, 03:37 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: Disco Mike

ORIGINAL: LR Bill

--Bill
Bill,
There are no adjustment for the 03's ETC, it just works when ever the ECU pick up a slipping wheel.
As for the dropping of the CDL, the last one came out on the early product 01's, they weren't hooked up and needed to be converted back to a linkage that would allow it to be engaged.
Your 03 doesn't have that ability and if you are planning on installing lockers at some time, you will need to replace your t/case with the older style or one from a 04.
Mike

Thanks Mike. I dont have an 03 Disco but im just looking right now and gathering info

--Bill