Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tricky Dick - P0441

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 06:34 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 228 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by Luckyjayb
well I wasn't getting the misfire codes before. It wasn't until I put a Japanese product on something designed by a Brit that it started going crazy. The only code I had before hand was the o2 sensor so I know it's the ngk wires. U get what you pay for and the panty dropper is a sensitive being
I hear what you are saying

My thoughts are focus on getting the cooling system sorted out, hopefully this weekend, and stop buying parts.

Drive Tricky Dick for (1) week deleting the codes every day and tracking them. Once I am confident that I am getting the same codes only replace parts that are relevant to those codes. I keep replacing other stuff that is not needed and never sure if that caused the new code or not.

And for the record...Tricky Dick and Panty Dropper on the same trail could cause a lot of damage

Old 02-24-2017, 07:37 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 112 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Friday Night Disco
I hear what you are saying

My thoughts are focus on getting the cooling system sorted out, hopefully this weekend, and stop buying parts.

Drive Tricky Dick for (1) week deleting the codes every day and tracking them. Once I am confident that I am getting the same codes only replace parts that are relevant to those codes. I keep replacing other stuff that is not needed and never sure if that caused the new code or not.

And for the record...Tricky Dick and Panty Dropper on the same trail could cause a lot of damage
so true!!! I think I got the cooling issues sorted out on my end. Got the new thermostat and heater core hoses in today and will get them installed in the morning. The only consistent code I was getting was the o2 sensor and still working that out. After I get the new wires installed, I'll make sure all the issues are sorted and it's just the o2 sensors then I'll replace them. The panty dropper and tricky dicky will be hell on the trails!!!

Old 02-25-2017, 05:00 PM
TReK
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Use enginecodemaster.com to look up Rover codes

http://enginecodemaster.com
Is a small database of OBDII codes for a Discovery II typed in from the RAVE manual.

So try it out.
http://enginecodemaster.com

It is really just a lookup table coded in PHP.
If a code is in the table it spits out the meaning of the code.
Otherwise it says can't find it.

Engine Code: P1170

Land Rover Engine Code: P1170 = Downstream fuel trim malfunction (bank 1) Front sensor aged - rear HO2S adaption too lean/too rich LH bank (NAS and EU-3 only).

Click to Process more Land Rover Engine Codes here

Old 03-06-2017, 07:52 PM
Pro Wrench

Update

I cleaned up my gas cap and filler spout .

Since then, I have not had an issue with P0441

Old 03-06-2017, 07:57 PM
Pro Wrench

Update

I cleaned up my gas cap and filler spout .

Since then, I have not had an issue with P0441
Nice. Good to hear the tricky dicky is still holding strong. I just got told today they are waiting on the trim and replacement windshield to come from across the pond so the panty dropper can be leak free and how she should be. Thanks insurance. Then I got the walker o2 sensors I gotta put in and hopefully that will fix those codes. I did get rid of the misfiring with a set of kingsborne wires and the Kevlar/ceramic fabric boot covers....aka snake oil....but if it helps keep the temp down on the plug wires, I'm happy.

Old 03-06-2017, 08:24 PM
Pro Wrench

Glad to here panty dropper is almost fixed!!

going to search but, I want to figure out a way to disable the rough road code. Tricky Dick was catching some air this weekend and kept setting it off. Will start a new thread on that

Old 03-07-2017, 03:34 PM
Pro Wrench

Glad to here panty dropper is almost fixed!!

going to search but, I want to figure out a way to disable the rough road code. Tricky Dick was catching some air this weekend and kept setting it off. Will start a new thread on that
yea she is ready to start getting em wet again instead of my passenger floorboard!!! Yea I'll be following that thread

Old 08-03-2021, 04:35 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Friday Night Disco! I've just gotten a P0441 code. I had an idle stumble yesterday while sitting at a train station. Suspect the stumble caused the fault. No idle issues now or other codes. I cleared the P0441 code, watching for its return. Curious about your experience with same. How did you clean filler spout? Do you suspect/know that the Fuel Vapor Canister Purge Valve and lines did need replacing? Any guidance here would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Old 08-03-2021, 09:09 PM
TReK
Received 503 Likes on 418 Posts

FND went Toyota a few years ago... Basically you just use a scotch pad to clean any debris from the threaded area of the filler tube... Mine had black build up around there... There is a common Hyundai replacement for the purge valve... I don't know that any of the lines would be needing replacement unless they are visibly damaged. There is a lot of purge valve info on this site if you search, which I would do for you but am to busy at the moment.

Old 08-04-2021, 09:49 AM
Pro Wrench

Glad to see people are leveraging my Tricky Dick threads

Dave is correct, for me I simply cleaned the cap and spout with Scotch Pad and it solved the issue. Also make sure your purge valve is horizontal to the ground.

I always started with the cheapest and easiest repairs to sort things out.

Reminds me, I need to come back here and sell off all my Disco specific tools at some point and time

Last edited by Friday Night Disco; 08-04-2021 at 10:09 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Dave03S (08-04-2021)

Quick Reply: Tricky Dick - P0441