Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

twice pumped brakes

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 04:10 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default twice pumped brakes

i have noticed on my 02 disco that if i pump my brakes twice within the same braking distance, that the pressure on the pedal feels alot stiffer than the first pump. the pedal has less travel in it as well. is this from dirty brake fluid or a bad master cyl? or both? i have to change the fluid this week because it looks like poop water and hope that it will cure it. any comment's or btdt? thanx

Old 07-31-2006, 11:12 AM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts
Default RE: twice pumped brakes

How many miles on your truck? Has the brake fluid been changed and when? Do you get any brake warning lights?
Mike

Old 07-31-2006, 11:33 PM
Winching
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: quattro

i have noticed on my 02 disco that if i pump my brakes twice within the same braking distance, that the pressure on the pedal feels alot stiffer than the first pump. the pedal has less travel in it as well. is this from dirty brake fluid or a bad master cyl? or both? i have to change the fluid this week because it looks like poop water and hope that it will cure it. any comment's or btdt? thanx
Normal operation. You can bleed them and make it better for a while but they will revert to them same condition. 03' front calipers will correct the issue.

Now, tell me I'm wrong

Old 08-01-2006, 12:32 AM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bait

ORIGINAL: quattro

Normal operation. You can bleed them and make it better for a while but they will revert to them same condition. 03' front calipers will correct the issue.

Now, tell me I'm wrong
You are correct, and a good bleeding along with going to steel lines will help.

Now is this where I am supposed to tell you that you are wrong??
Take crae,
Mike