Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

..:: The Vaccum Situation ::..

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 09:38 PM
Winching
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by number9
Reminded me that mine did come on a couple/few times within a short several day period 9-12 months ago. OAT was cool but not below freezing. In my case it came on when at normal engine operating temp and at idle when stopped before making a turn. Since then just normal operation.
...yup, definitely does it at normal engine temp while at idle, either at a stop light, or upon arrival before shutting the engine off; I guess we'll have to research a bit further... just to rule out some imminent fault or trouble. Thanks for the feedback.

Old 01-08-2017, 09:43 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by mollusc
Yours is not visible when viewing the full site either.
There's a checkbox to show your signature in the "Additional Options" section when you're about to submit a post. Yours may not be checked.
...weird ...I'll look into it from my puter tomorrow, that box you mentioned is marked, as well as in the control panel.

Old 01-09-2017, 06:47 AM
TReK
Received 766 Likes on 634 Posts

Originally Posted by adolfojbonilla
...weird ...I'll look into it from my puter tomorrow, that box you mentioned is marked, as well as in the control panel.
Your sig showed up on that one, but it isn't on your earlier posts on this thread.

Old 01-09-2017, 02:08 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 848 Likes on 633 Posts

Getting off topic but... my signature displays only when I use my laptop. If I use my iPhone, it does't show my signature after I post on here.

Last edited by JUKE179r; 01-09-2017 at 02:11 PM.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:12 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by JUKE179r
Getting off topic but... my signature displays only when I use my laptop. If I use my iPhone, it does't show my signature after I post on here.
...definitely is when you post from "mobile site" on a smartphone, I just checked my settings from my laptop, and all is marked for "signature" to post when posting a message. The one time that appeared previously in this post, was 'caused I switched to the "full site" option on my phone to upload the pic, and you can see the signature there, but not afterwards. Something the Administrators need to look into, we'll wait and see.

Old 01-10-2017, 08:03 AM
Winching

Hello Roverers!

Signature issues reported to webmaster, so we'll see.

As per the original issues, it just happened at a stop light, outside temp 73°, and below a screenshot from Torque...

And just in case, I'm driving a 2002 Disco S2 SE with 159K+ miles! ;-]#

Thanks!

Old 01-10-2017, 12:33 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 99 Likes on 92 Posts

pretty normal.

SAI is an emissions device and will run accordingly.
It basically pump air into the exhaust raising the temperature of your cats. (read
convertors, not the hairy, evil, spawns of Satan).

Unless you have a pending code, nothing to worry about.

Old 01-10-2017, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2,251 Likes on 1,669 Posts

I agree 100% no codes no issues. I personally prefer a Bosch setup without SAI, but as long as the vacuum line 90's are good, pump, filter, SAI valves, and the main flex hose are good with no faults I'd leave it alone. When SAI goes south the CEL will certainly let you know!! It can be a very picky little setup if the stuff listed above is old and falling apart.

Old 01-10-2017, 02:50 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by dgi 07
pretty normal.

SAI is an emissions device and will run accordingly.
It basically pump air into the exhaust raising the temperature of your cats. (read
convertors, not the hairy, evil, spawns of Satan).

Unless you have a pending code, nothing to worry about.
...thanks, I appreciate the feedback! ;-]#

Old 01-10-2017, 02:54 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by Best4x4
I agree 100% no codes no issues. I personally prefer a Bosch setup without SAI, but as long as the vacuum line 90's are good, pump, filter, SAI valves, and the main flex hose are good with no faults I'd leave it alone. When SAI goes south the CEL will certainly let you know!! It can be a very picky little setup if the stuff listed above is old and falling apart.
...thanks, I appreciate the feedback! ...although what I think you call the "main flex hose" (the corrugated one that connects from the aluminum pipe to the pump) broke in a couple places when replacing the matrix hoses long time ago, so I had to "duct" tape it and still seems to hold... I guess is time to try and find a replacement. Other than that I don't see probs... just curious about the pump going on besides its morning ritual. Again, thanks!

Last edited by adolfojbonilla; 01-10-2017 at 07:49 PM.

Quick Reply: ..:: The Vaccum Situation ::..