Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Very,very bad news!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 08:22 AM
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Audi and VW are good vehicles, parts and repairs can be on the expensive side. But as with any other vehicle their mechanical condition depends a lot on their service history.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:43 AM
Winching
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On that Audi make sure to ask him when he had the timing belt replaced. At 113k miles he should have done it at least once. You will need to have it changed again when you buy it (the belts on those need to be replaced at 75k miles). If you have a belt go bad or break outside of idle on those cars your up **** creek....

Check the rotors on the brakes also. Get it going 30 MPH or so and mash the breaks to see if you get any wobble or vibration. If it does, you will need to throw on some new rotors and pads, which is not that big a deal, easy.

The timing belt though - man make sure he has replaced that at least once. Those cars are notorious for short life timing belts. It's the achilles heel, sorta like the cooling systems on our rovers.
haha

My wifes uncle has owned an A6 and A4, along with many BMWs. I keep waiting for his rich *** to build us a shop with a hydro lift or something....

Last edited by sloan74; 05-10-2011 at 08:51 AM.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:59 AM
Winching
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeThomas
Are you that daft **** hole! I hate when people are so uptight, they have nothing better to do than to stroke their power and ego on an internet web board. Way to be down to earth and friendly dusch bag. "I'm a senior member".
First of all, I have nothing to do with what tag is attached to my name. Keep posting and yours will say it too.

Second of all, asking about an Audi on a Land Rover forum is about as useful as asking for carpentry advice on a computer forum. You may not like the response I made, but it's in your best interest to heed it. Any decent Audi forum is going to have stickies about maintenance and pre purchase inspections/what to look for about an AUDI, just like this one has them about LAND ROVERS.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:21 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DarylJ
First of all, I have nothing to do with what tag is attached to my name. Keep posting and yours will say it too.

Second of all, asking about an Audi on a Land Rover forum is about as useful as asking for carpentry advice on a computer forum. You may not like the response I made, but it's in your best interest to heed it. Any decent Audi forum is going to have stickies about maintenance and pre purchase inspections/what to look for about an AUDI, just like this one has them about LAND ROVERS.
Look man I came to this forum for adviced because I bought a disco 2. Within a week it needed thousands of dollars to fix it. After fighting with the seller he finally gave me my money back. (all Land rover related discussions). After getting some feedback I decided not being to mechanical that maybe a rover wasn't for me. Seeing that some people on here are mechanics I just asked for some suggestions on other vehicles. A few people responded so I continued the conversation off those discussions. Thats all man, sue me that it got a little off topic. Just like people who are offended by certain radio shows, I tell them to change the channel. If you don't like a thread or a subject within a thread, simply don't read it or don't reply to it.