Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wd-40??

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 12:42 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Must be a very busy man with very little sspare time to have to choose between playing with the kids or spending an hour washing and waxing the car to protect the major investment. I have the time (and the kids always loved to help) more than I had the money to pay for a car wash that does little other than get the surface dirt off the car and nothing to actually protect the paint.

I am sorry you have to choose. But I would choose the kids also, if I had no spare time.

Old 08-10-2009, 02:30 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the "wax" applied at the car wash, and a good layer of hand applied and buffed wax are very different... a good coat of wax can really help prevent scratches from off roading, protect your paint, and make cleaning the vehicle much easier... i really need to wax mine, she's lookin rough

Old 08-10-2009, 03:40 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Robmcin
Must be a very busy man with very little sspare time to have to choose between playing with the kids or spending an hour washing and waxing the car to protect the major investment. I have the time (and the kids always loved to help) more than I had the money to pay for a car wash that does little other than get the surface dirt off the car and nothing to actually protect the paint.

I am sorry you have to choose. But I would choose the kids also, if I had no spare time.
Major investment? ITS A CAR, it can be repaired, replaced, repainted, whatever.
When I am laying on my death bed I wont be wishing that I spent more time with my truck, I love my truck and I will have it for many many many years to come, but I put no stock into inanimate objects.
I wash her twice a year, once in the spring and again in the late fall.
I start with a full underbody wash.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tQ2Tp3u_f8
Then I go to the full service car wash, $20 later she is clean inside and out.
I will admit there there are the few times during the summer when she does get "washed", like yesterday for example.

Name:  DSC03914.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  98.8 KB

Name:  DSC03915.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  98.2 KB

Name:  DSC03917.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  100.3 KB

Name:  DSC03918.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  91.5 KB

I condition my leather once every 2 months as well as clean the inside, but the outside...its aluminum so it wont rust and I wear Hawaiian shirts 365 days a year, yes, even in Feb when its 0*F and the snow is 6ft deep, so I really dont care what other people think.
To me, there are just far to many more important things that washing and waxing my great big 5000lbs Pepsi can.

Old 08-10-2009, 03:45 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hawaiin shirts FTW!!!