Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weird Sunroof Issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 06:57 AM
4wd Low
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Weird Sunroof Issue

Hey Guys,

I was wanting to see if anyone has come across this issue in the past and if so what did you do to fix it?

I got in and hit my open front sunroof button (vent position) like every morning and it didn't do anything, when I hit the open the rear sunroof button (vent position) they both opened together to the vent position. Then I hit the front sunroof button to fully open the sunroof (nothing happened) and then when I hit the button to fully open the rear, they both opened together again. The same thing happened when I went to close them, the front did nothing but the rear seemed to control both. Then I tried opening the rear first, when I did this just the rear opened and then when I hit the front button, it would not do anything until I hit the rear button.

Fast forward a week, both sunroofs had been opening and closing even though the switches are acting like I mentioned before. This morning I when I got to work I cannot get the front sunroof to close. The rear functions normally and I can hear the front one trying to move (you can hear the motor attempting to move but nothing happens). I manually close the sunroof via the access panel and it closes without resistance so I know it has not jumped the track. Then just to see, I hit the open button and it opens like nothing has happened but then would not close back.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on here? I do not know if I should be looking at the switches, the ecu for the sunroofs or the front motor itself?

Any help would be appreciated!

Old 07-05-2018, 08:35 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 360 Likes on 282 Posts

You can try swapping the switches to see if the behavior changes.

Old 07-05-2018, 08:47 AM
Baja
Received 717 Likes on 622 Posts

Sounds like the sunroof ECU