Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Went mudding, i now have some new issues with my Discovery II

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 11:15 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

E-brake light can come on if you have a disconnected ABS sensor FYI!

Old 03-07-2014, 11:24 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto
E-brake light can come on if you have a disconnected ABS sensor FYI!
Mine comes on when my left rear brake squeals enough to set off 3 Amigos. Brake light comes on too. Reset Amigos and they all go off.

Old 03-07-2014, 02:04 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

This is the price you pay for "enjoying" mudding, along with taking care of numerous problems created from all that "enjoyment."

With light on, you have no traction control functioning; on 2003, you have no center differential lock, so one wheel, if free, can spin while you sit and hope. Essentially, in that condition, you have one wheel drive, because if one wheel, front or rear spins, you are stuck. As other guys expressed on this thread, is it really worth having that much mudding fun? More importantly, is it worth all the pain, labor, expense, to have that fun?

Old 03-07-2014, 02:13 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by earlyrover
More importantly, is it worth all the pain, labor, expense, to have that fun?
I have to admit, when I was his age, it was WELL worth it! But, the older I get, the harder it is to climb under the truck to clean it out. And, the less I want to part with my money for parts. But, I've had my Mudding Days, and they were definitely worth it, at least for those moments the mud was flying!!!

Old 03-07-2014, 02:52 PM
Camel Trophy

To be honest, I thought mudding was cool and fun when I first got my Rover.

Now I don't care to get near a mud pit. More fun to do technical trails.

Old 03-07-2014, 03:34 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

"I have to admit, when I was his age, it was WELL worth it! But, the older I get, the harder it is to climb under the truck to clean it out. And, the less I want to part with my money for parts. But, I've had my Mudding Days, and they were definitely worth it, at least for those moments the mud was flying!!! "

I never did it; thought it was stupid, when one could do soooo many other more enjoyable things instead, with Rover too, and enjoy them wayyy more. I loved to go into places nobody else would dare to go, places almost hidden away from any human soul, just to see what I could find--in Montana, Idaho, Oregon especially, my home----you would be amazed what is out there. I learned all about mud, when I was two or three years old, and played in it!

Old 03-07-2014, 03:50 PM
Pro Wrench

I never did it; thought it was stupid
You've missed out on one of the true joys in life.
I loved to go into places nobody else would dare to go, places almost hidden away from any human soul, just to see what I could find--in Montana, Idaho, Oregon especially, my home----you would be amazed what is out there.
I to have spent many years on the road, and off the road to find those places. I also enjoy being places most others don't get to go. I've found numerous places in Oregon that are just awesome! Mining Caves, Natural Caves, Beaches, Mountains, Logging Roads, Rogue River Rafting, etc... Been all over the state. Nice place to live and visit, I've done both.

Old 03-07-2014, 03:54 PM
Camel Trophy

There's not much besides mud in Vermont.

Old 03-07-2014, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

and you can't always go around it. I have accidentally gone mudding way more times than on purpose. not one to turn around

Old 03-07-2014, 05:08 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by dusty1
and you can't always go around it. I have accidentally gone mudding way more times than on purpose. not one to turn around
Yeah, I'm not one to turn around either. If I've left the house and am down the driveway, I'll leave behind whatever I need. My wife gives me grief about it all the time...

I do make her turn around all the time, but that's another story... I'm a little afraid to turn around, ever since that one time in college...

Quick Reply: Went mudding, i now have some new issues with my Discovery II