Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 11:11 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dusty1
what a coincidence,i picture you as a blond girl.
omg dusty stawp it! Let me take a #Mad #selfie #omg freaking gawsh.

Old 03-26-2014, 11:16 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by SuperSport
I was just kidding because we are so far away. I have a dry sense of humor some times.

I was not kidding about it being nice to meet up with others though. I have yet to do so. I'll see about getting some time and money so I can make that happen in the future since it does seem most of you are not close to me. Maybe one of the larger LR events or something.

OR, if any of you plan a trip to the Sacramento/Reno/South Lake Tahoe areas, let me know. I'm not too far away from those.

The Dusy trail is in the Sierra National forest, it's not really far from your town. You might need to do a few extra things to your truck, the Dusy Ershim trail looks rough in some places, FWIW I'll be on 35's for that trip Although I saw a few guys from the Cali Land rover club that did it in a D2 on 33's.

Old 03-27-2014, 08:42 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Free Bumper Upgrade

About a month ago, A friend's son backed into my daughter's D2 and shattered the bumper cover, turn signal,and tweaked the fender on the driver's side. Since we have only had it a year and had broken the bumper cover twice before this and replaced it once with an expensive new one, there was no way I was going to put another piece of brittle plastic back on it. I was able to talk their insurance company and the body shop into replacing it with an $1100 ARB winch bumper by applying all the bumper related costs toward the ARB. In the end, it worked out to be no extra cost. Score! Now if I could get someone to hit the passenger side front door where the previous owner had gouged it...

Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your DII today?-image.jpg  
Old 03-27-2014, 10:43 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RandyH1221GJ
About a month ago, A friend's son backed into my daughter's D2 and shattered the bumper cover, turn signal,and tweaked the fender on the driver's side. Since we have only had it a year and had broken the bumper cover twice before this and replaced it once with an expensive new one, there was no way I was going to put another piece of brittle plastic back on it. I was able to talk their insurance company and the body shop into replacing it with an $1100 ARB winch bumper by applying all the bumper related costs toward the ARB. In the end, it worked out to be no extra cost. Score! Now if I could get someone to hit the passenger side front door where the previous owner had gouged it...

Well that is one way to get a ARB bumper. That's awesome!

Old 03-27-2014, 10:52 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Got closer to being finished with my rear bumper install. Still doing little knit-picky things to it. I chose to remove the swing away altogether as it wasn't nearly as good of a setup as just having my D44 tire carrier to hold the tire.

Still need to touch up some spots here and there, but considering what shape the bumper was in when I got it, it's amazing now.

(Also no, that antenna isn't mounted there. I was just messing around while trying to decide what to do with the rod the swing away carrier used. )

Old 03-27-2014, 11:52 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Bought Rotors, Brake Pads, Calipers for roughly 400$ shipped. Buying 6 lug steels wheels , 35's, and a bearing shim kit for front and rear axles next.

Old 03-28-2014, 01:18 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Dane!
Bought Rotors, Brake Pads, Calipers for roughly 400$ shipped. Buying 6 lug steels wheels , 35's, and a bearing shim kit for front and rear axles next.
6 lug?

Old 03-28-2014, 08:33 AM
Winching
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Just finished removing the headliner. Both front drains broken off.. surprise. Rear ones are loose. Rear motor seized. Front still works. Ill.be buying a couple used ones off of evilbay just to have. Headliner will go for recover once all leaks and possible leaks are repaired. Any suggestions on possible leaks I should fix regardless?

Old 03-28-2014, 11:26 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by Street Wolf
6 lug?

Yes sir, I'm fixing the weakest link of the rovers; the drivetrain. I'm swapping Toyota Land Cruiser axles over to the Disco, hence the 6 lug.

Old 03-28-2014, 12:25 PM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dane!
Yes sir, I'm fixing the weakest link of the rovers; the drivetrain. I'm swapping Toyota Land Cruiser axles over to the Disco, hence the 6 lug.
I believe this right here calls for a build thread.

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?