Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2016, 08:14 AM
Winching
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by CPTLOU
For the first time in nearly a month, after getting back from vacation.
End result:
What are we looking at? If its the blue WV,....get a bit of acetone or lacquer thinner and some soft micro towels. No problem on the orange painted parts,...the blue paint will wipe right off. If the black TREK logo is a vinyl sticker,....approach with more caution,...as the Lacquer thinner may dry out the decal/sticker and or possibly even soften and smear it a bit. Acetone is generally a better choice anytime plastics or vinyls are involved. If you have a spot of the vinyl decal in a hidden spot,.....or less noticed spot,...test it there first,...let it dry,....look at it. If the vinyl is not getting soft or smearing,...then you are probably good to procede with removing the blue paint from your decals. If it smears,....try using an automotive polishing cleaner. These often have solvent based cleaners that will also remove spray paint.

Good luck,....let me know how it turns out.

Brian in Austin

Old 10-28-2016, 08:29 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Met some new friends

The following users liked this post:
JUKE179r (10-28-2016)
Old 10-28-2016, 11:57 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 848 Likes on 633 Posts

^^^ now that's a cool picture!

Old 10-28-2016, 03:20 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bcolins
What are we looking at? If its the blue WV,....get a bit of acetone or lacquer thinner and some soft micro towels. No problem on the orange painted parts,...the blue paint will wipe right off. If the black TREK logo is a vinyl sticker,....approach with more caution,...as the Lacquer thinner may dry out the decal/sticker and or possibly even soften and smear it a bit. Acetone is generally a better choice anytime plastics or vinyls are involved. If you have a spot of the vinyl decal in a hidden spot,.....or less noticed spot,...test it there first,...let it dry,....look at it. If the vinyl is not getting soft or smearing,...then you are probably good to procede with removing the blue paint from your decals. If it smears,....try using an automotive polishing cleaner. These often have solvent based cleaners that will also remove spray paint.

Good luck,....let me know how it turns out.

Brian in Austin

Brian,

All my decals are fine......except the large hood decal for the event. It's ancient history. The sun has already damaged it.

Old 10-28-2016, 05:28 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,187 Likes on 849 Posts

After switching gears, changing trans in 01 instead of pulling engine, I've got the transfer case hanging out of the way and just a couple more bolts before the trans is down. Will pick up the used trans and y-pipe tomorrow...hopefully...and then the battle will resume in the opposite direction. While I have the trans out, I'll attend to the high/low cable, frozen up pretty good. The joys of Michigan winters have really taken its toll on anything of metal.

Brian.

Old 10-31-2016, 01:49 PM
Mudding
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

been driving for a few days after reprogramming for sls to coils. It's nice to not have to worry about coming out to a dead battery

Old 10-31-2016, 02:23 PM
Mudding
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Replaced Bank 1 post cat O2 sensor and got rid of P0141 code... Hoorah!

Now onto the P1174 code... hopefully my planned valve cover gasket and lower intake manifold gasket takes care of that.

Old 10-31-2016, 06:18 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Front right hub
front rotors & pads
Changed out some window washer hoses that got blocked
Changed diff oil & greased shaft again
and this
Second time plastic T cracked on me

Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your DII today?-img_20161029_130824.jpg  
Old 11-01-2016, 07:35 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Sunk it. Following a jeep and I guess front wheel dipped down into a hole. Lots of water in the car. Runs fine. Checked for water before re starting. M and s flashing now. Going to take out the TCM and clean/ dry it. Hope that solves it. The lights sometimes go out after re starting. Hard shift into reverse when cold. Took the carpets out and they're drying.

Old 11-01-2016, 06:46 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 848 Likes on 633 Posts

I got under the bonnet today and started to checking the electrical wiring for loose or corroded connections. While I was doing that, I disconnected the electrical connectors and sprayed the contacts with contact cleaner.
I also took apart the IAC valve, sprayed the hell out of it with Valvoline's carb and throttle body cleaner and also cleaned the inside of the hoses going to it.
When I put everything back together to make sure the truck ran... it didn't. The engine kept turning over with no combustion and the hazard lights kept flashing. I rechecked all connections and found the inertia switch on the firewall was tripped after I took the connector apart to clean it. After I pressed the top of the inertia switch to reset it, my Disco started up fine.

Last edited by JUKE179r; 11-02-2016 at 04:50 PM.

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?