Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What relay is missing? Is it the CC disable relay?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 09:05 AM
8th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What relay is missing? Is it the CC disable relay?

I'm having difficulty getting my cruise control to work and have read numerous threads on several forums; not to mention technical briefs, etc...
I've confirmed the steering wheel, dash and brake switches are good. The pump is operational. Actuator is good and linkage is within specs. Hoses and T have been replaced. The neutral lockout relay and inline diode have not been tested, but the switch is operational in it's default setting. I cannot locate the CC disable relay anywhere in my truck. The manual I have shows it in a vehicle with steering on the right. In that case it's located on the drivers kick panel. I assumed mine would be also; however, I have an open slot where I believe it should be. There are two blue and a black wire going to the white base. Check out the picture if you know these D1's and tell me what you think. Would a YWB10032 relay go there? How does the CC disable relay work? Can you bypass it to test the ECU? The photo is from behind the LH footwell panel.

Attached Thumbnails What relay is missing? Is it the CC disable relay?-99d1sd-behind-lh-footwell-trim-panel.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
DiscoNewbe (06-23-2020)
Old 08-13-2009, 09:15 AM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

What manual are you using? Have you downloaded the RAVE manual yet? RAVE is the same manual the dealer service technicians use. According to RAVE, and if I am understanding it correctly, the NAS Discos do not use a cruise control disable relay

Last edited by AK Rover; 08-13-2009 at 09:19 AM.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:40 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I think that is the fog light relay, in any case, the relay you are looking for is in the pack under the pass footwell. 1st on the right. I am trying to run down the same problem as well.... everything is good to the test. I am thinking that I am loosing signal from the vss to the CC ECU

Old 06-23-2020, 07:20 PM
Mudding
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bleizit
I'm having difficulty getting my cruise control to work and have read numerous threads on several forums; not to mention technical briefs, etc...
I've confirmed the steering wheel, dash and brake switches are good. The pump is operational. Actuator is good and linkage is within specs. Hoses and T have been replaced. The neutral lockout relay and inline diode have not been tested, but the switch is operational in it's default setting. I cannot locate the CC disable relay anywhere in my truck. The manual I have shows it in a vehicle with steering on the right. In that case it's located on the drivers kick panel. I assumed mine would be also; however, I have an open slot where I believe it should be. There are two blue and a black wire going to the white base. Check out the picture if you know these D1's and tell me what you think. Would a YWB10032 relay go there? How does the CC disable relay work? Can you bypass it to test the ECU? The photo is from behind the LH footwell panel.
did you ever figure out what was going wrong with your cruise control? Similar story with my 1999 D1.

Old 06-24-2020, 04:03 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 846 Likes on 633 Posts

Do you have LEDs in your brakes lights?