Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

why does my power outlet fuse keep blowing

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2018, 11:24 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why does my power outlet fuse keep blowing

The power outlet shares the same fuse as the heated seats. Right off the bat that makes me skeptical. The 20 amp fuse has blown twice in the last 2 weeks. I'm guessing its when I have both seat heaters going and also have my phone charging in the front outlet. But why put them on the same fuse if all 3 can't operate at the same time??

I believe its th 20amp f15 under the steering column

Old 02-18-2018, 07:49 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by 09dewaed
The power outlet shares the same fuse as the heated seats. Right off the bat that makes me skeptical. The 20 amp fuse has blown twice in the last 2 weeks. I'm guessing its when I have both seat heaters going and also have my phone charging in the front outlet. But why put them on the same fuse if all 3 can't operate at the same time??

I believe its th 20amp f15 under the steering column
Sounds like there’s a ground fault. Potentially, in one of the heating (driver / passenger) elements or the power outlet receptacle.

Check for any foreign metallic (a dime?) items lodged in the power outlet receptacle. If it’s free of foreign metallic bodies investigate the source circuit from the terminals on the rear of the power outlet back to fuse block.

For the heating elements remove the power source from each seat, one at a time to see if you can isolate the faulty circuit. The seats may be wired inclusively not exclusively. Which means if drivers side is faulty, and the fuse opens it will de-energize the passenger side, vice versa.