Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why I don't lend cars out

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2020, 10:45 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

Everyone on this forum should be running an Ultragauge device of some sort with a high water temp warning alarm. It's a must since the factory water temp gauge is a joke, and the Disco II doesn't have a low water level warning light.

Old 04-10-2020, 11:08 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 821 Likes on 538 Posts

Not true. While it's a good idea it's no fun to be a slave to staring at a gauge. I have a OBD plug in that I will check temps periodically just to ensure that everything is still kosher but it's simply not a requirement to have some sort of alarm and gauge constantly showing real time temps. Sure the factory temp gauge is a joke but check your fluids on a regular basis and enjoy the vehicle. They are old vehicles at this point so if you don't drive it regularly it's always a good idea to check fluids before taking it out. And if you do drive it regularly let's be serious we all have oil leaks so we are checking the oil levels regularly and it's not that hard to notice the level in the overflow tank.

The following users liked this post:
User (04-13-2020)
Old 04-10-2020, 11:32 AM
Received 394 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by whowa004
Not true. While it's a good idea it's no fun to be a slave to staring at a gauge. I have a OBD plug in that I will check temps periodically just to ensure that everything is still kosher but it's simply not a requirement to have some sort of alarm and gauge constantly showing real time temps. Sure the factory temp gauge is a joke but check your fluids on a regular basis and enjoy the vehicle. They are old vehicles at this point so if you don't drive it regularly it's always a good idea to check fluids before taking it out. And if you do drive it regularly let's be serious we all have oil leaks so we are checking the oil levels regularly and it's not that hard to notice the level in the overflow tank.
you don’t have to stare at the guage it will beep at you
ultraguage is awesome

and why I don’t lend out my disco

1- every time I do the key comes out of the fob
last time I had it oil sprayed for rust they took the keys to pull it in the facility 2 min later they come to me asking how do you get the keys out of the ignition ( I look at him shocked )
you would think with all the different vehicles Krown employees drive all day this wouldn’t be a problem.

Something about the discos 2 And strangers

Old 04-13-2020, 09:38 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Hahah yes. It’s always funny to see people try and remove the key.

my detailer struggled with it for a solid 20 seconds before I told him push in.