Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wife Disabled the Engine with Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 08:38 AM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tornado_735
I thought all the superlock did was deadbolt the doors so they couldn't be opened from either inside or out. I always do it as a force of habit. Some bastard goes through the trouble of breaking a window, his *** is going to have to go through the trouble of climbing through it too. Maybe by that time I'll have drawn a bead on his ***.
Yes, superlock does dead bolt the door and prevent it from being opened from inside or out. Manual states to never use superlock when someone is staying in the vehicle. If you superlock the vehicle and your battery dies you'll be in a world of hurt since it requires power to retract the dead bolts. Have you been turning and holding the key to engage the superlock? If so that would explain why the alarm hasn't set in the past.

Last edited by AK Rover; 03-16-2009 at 08:40 AM.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:41 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Spike555
See, I keep telling you guys that I dont know anything but you keep asking me questions.
I think you know a lot more than you let on Spike. In the pictures of you changing the spark plugs, you know, the ones in which someone requested that you shave your knuckles, I noticed the grime on your hands! Those aren't the hands of someone who farts around picking daisies all day, those are mechanics hands! LOL

Old 03-17-2009, 01:44 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AK Rover
Yes, superlock does dead bolt the door and prevent it from being opened from inside or out. Manual states to never use superlock when someone is staying in the vehicle. If you superlock the vehicle and your battery dies you'll be in a world of hurt since it requires power to retract the dead bolts.
You make a very strong point AK...maybe I'll rig a hood release outside the vehicle for just such an occasion....

Old 03-17-2009, 09:36 AM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

All you have to do to get to your hood release is pop your driver side headlight out. The cable runs right behind there.

Old 03-17-2009, 06:23 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Never keep anything of value inside your car, it is way to easy to break into, and if they want to steal it fine, let the insurance company buy you a new one.
Its just a car man, just a car.

Old 03-17-2009, 08:36 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AK Rover
Yes, superlock does dead bolt the door and prevent it from being opened from inside or out. Manual states to never use superlock when someone is staying in the vehicle. If you superlock the vehicle and your battery dies you'll be in a world of hurt since it requires power to retract the dead bolts. Have you been turning and holding the key to engage the superlock? If so that would explain why the alarm hasn't set in the past.
I always use the remote key fob, my wife used the key in the door because her 525 does not have keyless remote and it was habit.